Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Softronic Tune Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 11:12 PM
bighoward503
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Turbos on the GTS are larger than the base and S turbos. I drove a 991.2 C2S a couple years back with an ARP tune and you could fell the difference right away. I traded that for a GT4 and recently traded my GT4 for the 991.2 GTS. Tuned it not even a week after taking delivery and again, you can feel the gains right away. The car is already quick but man does the added HP and torque make it feel like you’re riding in a 991.2 Turbo. The power is always right there waiting for you when you want to get on it.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (01-31-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 06:34 PM
crisw
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got my Softronic MyGenius today.
Took me 15min to install and update the software, obd+read file and send it to Scott

Now just waiting on my return file
Old 12-12-2023, 09:03 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 182 Posts
Default My Tune

In no way is this a comparison to the Softronic tune, but because my well respected Indie is a GIAC dealer, I had him tune my .2 C last year. Frankly, whether GIAC or Softronic produces more power is completely irrelevant. Either one adds so much power to the Carrera I don't see how it could use much more. Tires break loose easily and I found that on my one track day after the tune was installed, it was shocking how much faster I was able to go. Drives like stock, but wow, it is crazy powerful now. I had to experience it to believe it.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:54 PM
BlackEyeII
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few QQ Scott if I may:
1. The website shows the MyGenius handheld device yet the FAQ really only talks about a cable and a windows PC. Does the process use them both?
2. What about PDK flashes, is there a transmission tune to go with the power file, or does the PDK stock tune work just fine? (I have a 19' Carrera 4 GTS PDK)
3. If there is software on the laptop, can you read trouble codes with it if there is a code thrown, and can you clear them?
4. The website talks about options is there any more information anywhere on what the options are and which ones are "defaulted"?

Thank you!
Old 03-03-2024, 08:26 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 181 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackEyeII
A few QQ Scott if I may:
1. The website shows the MyGenius handheld device yet the FAQ really only talks about a cable and a windows PC. Does the process use them both?
2. What about PDK flashes, is there a transmission tune to go with the power file, or does the PDK stock tune work just fine? (I have a 19' Carrera 4 GTS PDK)
3. If there is software on the laptop, can you read trouble codes with it if there is a code thrown, and can you clear them?
4. The website talks about options is there any more information anywhere on what the options are and which ones are "defaulted"?

Thank you!
Hello,
1.We use the MyGenius as shown and it still uses a PC based laptop or desktop as mentioned to load and unload files yet once they are on the unit there isn't much need for it..
2. No we dont make PDK flashes and have posted many times while we can we dont recommend them for the cars nor E85 or Cold Start delete. Cold start is used for pre heating the cats yet also to reduce bore scoring. The car works just fine with the stock PDK controls and the tune will inadvertently affect it with the torque increases.
3. You can erase trouble codes with the MyGenius yet the software wont produce any to have to read and erase, yet should you get a CEL it would be for a reason and should have it looked into just as it would stock.
4. The options are listed under each car and can be chosen from yet many are more for Race cars etc. and not limited to those as I custom tune for different requests over the years.

As Ive mentioned often your best calling me or emailing me as I dont get on the forums much .

Best,
Scott
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Last edited by Softronic; 03-03-2024 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Text added
Old 03-04-2024, 08:04 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

I wanted to share my experience with Softronic, I installed last summer and had a chance to track it as well.

Installation is easy, however a little scary when uploading the tuned file as it takes about 45 minutes and every warning light comes on the dash!

I went with the 94 octane program, because 94 is readily available here.

OMG this is amazing, the power bump hits hard at 2,500 rpm and there is just so much more power across the rpm range, the power is more instant, with no turbo lag.

On the track I was keeping easily up with 991.2 GTS, and had noticeable higher top speeds on the long straights, by about 10-15 km/hr, as compared to stock. Lap times were similar, maybe 1 second quicker, but I was a little tentative and lifting earlier in the braking zones. As an aside, I do track days for my enjoyment, not to go all out for lap times.

One minor quibble, since there is little to no turbo lag, I found the power modulation with throttle input more difficult, but leaving it in Sport Plus mode helped that situation, I rarely drive in Sport anyway because I don't like the pops and crackles.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:15 PM
2hot
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree 100% !! I installed Softronics tune a few weeks ago and it’s a completely different car now, very happy ,easy to install and it was a pleasure talking to Scott . Cheers!
Old 03-04-2024, 11:44 PM
innout
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

How does the tune react to the different sport chrono settings? Same power band just different shifting points?
Old 03-05-2024, 06:54 AM
2hot
Rennlist Member

Yes, in sports plus I noticed the power comes in real fast shift points are real quick and when it’s in sport it’s the same thing just trans doesn’t shift as quick but it’s the same power is a lot quicker in sports plus the tires will actually break loose and the turbos spool up really quick in sport and sport plus and I’ve seen it pegged the needle to 15 psi, I think it’s an awesome tune.! The car is definitely quicker than stock, and I’d say on the level of the GTS for sure , love those turbos !! Many thanks to Scott for all his help and that Softronics tune. Cheers!

Last edited by 2hot; 03-05-2024 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:42 AM
GoTime
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Has anyone had this for an extended period of time and seen any speed up in wear items? Or is it a non issue because the base cars’ engines and turbos can handle it easy?
Old 03-05-2024, 08:53 AM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 384 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by GoTime
Has anyone had this for an extended period of time and seen any speed up in wear items? Or is it a non issue because the base cars’ engines and turbos can handle it easy?
I do not have the softronic tune, but I do have the APR stage 3 tune with GTS turbos on my C2S 7MT. I've had that for > 10,000 miles with plenty of track time - i.e., I do not baby the car - and have seen zero issues. I see no real reason why the Softronic tune would be any different.
The following users liked this post:
2hot (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
2hot
Rennlist Member

With everything that I’ve read about the tunes I think it’s like anything else. If you’re going to hammer the car all the time it doesn’t matter what kind of car you have you’re gonna have issues, if you drive it sensibly and play now again, I don’t see it to be issue, that’s my opinion. I don’t think if you’re driving it on the street you’re going to have an issue because the cars way too fast for the highway to be driving that way where you’re gonna run into those kind of problems but if you’re going to go to the track I guess that’s a whole different ball game. Cheers!
Old 03-05-2024, 08:57 AM
GoTime
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks! I don’t track mine, and only chance I’ve made so far is the DSc controller, though will be doing numeric cables and shifter when it comes out of storage.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:03 AM
2hot
Rennlist Member

I'm not tracking mine either. I just like driving on the highway ,road trips. cheers !
Old 03-05-2024, 09:15 AM
2hot
Rennlist Member

That's good news to hear, that's what I thought .

Quick Reply: 991.2 Softronic Tune Review