Sponsored by:

2013 Carrera 4S - Radio PCM3.1.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 02:44 AM
Redbaronace
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Carrera 4S - Radio PCM3.1.

Have an issue on my 2013 C4S and wanted to bring it before the group.

I removed the factory PCM 3.1 head unit from my 911 in order to perform the Joyeauto upgrade to gain CarPlay, Waze and a Backup Camera functionalities.

It worked great for a few months and then stopped working. I removed the Joyeauto to check the connections and to make sure none of the ribbon cables had come loose.

After putting it all back together, I have no power to PCM unit except a red-light on the inside of the unit. I tried several times to make sure it was connected properly but im pretty sure I need a new unit.

So now, i'm deciding to either pay to have the PCM fixed or to go with an aftermarket head unit by Kenwood.

1. Does anyone in this group fix the PCM units?
2. Anyone have a spare PCM 3.1 unit that would be compatible with my car that you would be willing to sell?

Please send me a pm. with any leads. Im in Seattle,
thanks,

Last edited by Redbaronace; 11-02-2022 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:48 AM
Redbaronace
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbaronace
Have an issue on my 2013 C4S and wanted to bring it before the group.

I removed the factory PCM 3.1 headhunt from my 911 to perform the Joyeauto upgrade in order to gain CarPlay, Waze and Backup Camera capabilities.

It worked great for a few months, then stopped working. I removed the Joyeauto unit to check the connections and to make sure none of the ribbon cables had come loose. After returning everything back to stock, it still doesn’t power up

I have no power to PCM3.1 unit except a red-light on the inside of the unit. I tried several times to make sure it was connected properly but im pretty sure I need a new unit.

So now, i'm deciding to either pay to have the PCM fixed or to go with an aftermarket head unit by Kenwood.

1. Does anyone in this group fix the PCM units?
2. Anyone have a spare PCM 3.1 unit that would be compatible with my car that you would be willing to sell?

Please send me a pm. with any leads. Im in Seattle,
thanks,

Photo for attention

Last edited by Redbaronace; 11-02-2022 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:40 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Fleabay

Has anyone tried these folks ? Whenever I have an LCD failure i always have gotten it fixed on flea bay https://www.ebay.com/itm/32531644267...Bk9SR7aSkIKHYQ

Quick Reply: 2013 Carrera 4S - Radio PCM3.1.