Sponsored by:

Convertible Top Repair?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 10:13 AM
mhconley
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Convertible Top Repair?

I recently bought a 2013 C2S Cab and the top is in excellent condition except for this small seam split on one of the folding points. (key fob shown for size reference) I am wondering if this Is repairable or if there is anything I can do to keep it from getting worse?

Thanks,
Martin
Old 08-10-2022, 03:20 PM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 119 Posts

This seam split is extremely common. People who had this happen under warranty had the entire top replaced. From the picture, it looks very minor at this point but the material on the inside part of the seam will start to lift and separate from the hard panel. To prevent that, you could take it to a fabric shop and they can suture the seam closed by itself, or you can use fabric glue and inject it with a syringe under the inside seam to prevent it from lifting. If you are not good with DIY projects, take it to a fabric shop and they should know what to do. Mine started doing this last year, but I used this (
Amazon Amazon
) and injected carefully, and it's held up ever since.
The following users liked this post:
mhconley (08-10-2022)
Old 01-29-2024, 02:38 PM
Bars49
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mhconley
I recently bought a 2013 C2S Cab and the top is in excellent condition except for this small seam split on one of the folding points. (key fob shown for size reference) I am wondering if this Is repairable or if there is anything I can do to keep it from getting worse?

Thanks,
Martin
hi Martin, did you get this sorted? I have exactly the same and it’s in for inspection now as it’s under warranty. I fear a ‘it’s not covered’ response coming…..

thanks, Scott
Old 01-29-2024, 04:33 PM
mhconley
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Bars49
hi Martin, did you get this sorted? I have exactly the same and it’s in for inspection now as it’s under warranty. I fear a ‘it’s not covered’ response coming…..

thanks, Scott
Mine is definitely not under warranty. I'm living with it for now. It does not seem to have gotten any worse in the 18 months I have owned the car. The top is always up when parked, and almost always down when driving. In the future I may go the fabric glue route. I've had the glue and a set of blunt tip syringes in my Amazon cart since drdantheman1 replied in August 2022.

Martin
Old 01-29-2024, 05:52 PM
Bars49
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks

Quick Reply: Convertible Top Repair?