Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for new wheels for 2013 C2S?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2022 | 08:41 PM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Default Suggestions for new wheels for 2013 C2S?

Have owned my Aqua Blue 2013 C2S with SPASM for about 7 years now. Have driven it about 40K miles and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was thinking of upgrading to a low mile 2015-2018 911 TTS but just can't make myself pay the stratospheric prices they are bringing now compared to historical norms. Not that I can't afford it, just makes no financial sense to me to take a $50K loss when the market does inevitably correct. Soooo... planning to upgrade some things. One of the big ones is to upgrade from my stock Sport Techno rims. I know there are a lot of options out there and am sure many of you have have gone through this process. Would really like to see what everyone else has done. Pictures, reviews and thoughts on the choices are greatly appreciated....
Old 08-03-2022 | 08:54 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default Get the S

Rims in platinum silver. Some of the best looking rims Porsche has ever made and stock
Old 08-03-2022 | 12:39 PM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Rims in platinum silver. Some of the best looking rims Porsche has ever made and stock
Do you mean just keep the rims I have? They are silver... just getting the itch for something different.
Old 08-03-2022 | 01:32 PM
Levy
Racer

Originally Posted by slingshot60
Was thinking of upgrading to a low mile 2015-2018 911 TTS but just can't make myself pay the stratospheric prices they are bringing now compared to historical norms.
i'm in a very similar position. love my 2013 C2S but have always wanted a TTS and WILL have one some day. not considering doing anything now with pricing where it is. am thinking 2015-2016 when sanity returns to the marketplace. maybe in the next year or two?. fingers crossed

so many nice wheel options out there. good luck deciding what you like best.
Old 08-03-2022 | 01:46 PM
awittig
Racer

I recall seeing a thread sometime in the past few days where a member was looking for sport techno rims and found out that they were no longer available.

I'm sure if you did a quick search, you may find a happy buyer for your original rims once you upgrade.
Old 08-03-2022 | 11:25 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

I have these 20” Carrera S rims for sale, freshly powder coated, 991 narrow body fitment. PM if interested.

The following 5 users liked this post by olegd:
Bud Taylor (08-06-2022), Gripster (08-09-2022), jrider36 (08-05-2022), sbrooks64 (08-09-2022), zabuch (08-11-2022)
Old 08-04-2022 | 12:38 PM
Lippy
Advanced

Forgeline and HRE *forged* are very nice and strong. Not a huge fan of the flow-formed. They aren’t as strong.
Old 08-04-2022 | 04:36 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

I'm about 95% certain I'm going with Apex 20" VS-5RS in Anthracite. The 5% indecision is if I go down to 19" for a slightly better ride on our garbage roads.

The following users liked this post:
SConn (08-04-2022)
Old 08-04-2022 | 04:48 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

@Hurricane has probably my favorite combo I’ve seen on sapphire blue:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9276...l#post18279491

Perhaps he can chime in on his specific setup, but my taste leans towards this if you can get these wheels for a good price. There are so many choices though, if you start getting up to the $6k’ish+ range the custom fitment from places like CCW, Fikse, BC Forged, etc. gives a lot of options.

not blue, but still hot:

Old 08-04-2022 | 08:00 PM
Lippy
Advanced

I really like the 20" Carrera Sport wheels, and the Fuchs ones (both the Fuchs brand and the Forgelines).
Old 08-05-2022 | 10:11 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by MingusDew
@Hurricane has probably my favorite combo I’ve seen on sapphire blue:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9276...l#post18279491

Perhaps he can chime in on his specific setup, but my taste leans towards this if you can get these wheels for a good price.
Forgeline FU3Cs. I got them through Glaswerks and they were great to work with. I love the look, a modern interpretation of the classic Fuchs wheels, with a little more concave than the 50th anniversary wheels (that I love!). It really changes the look of the car. The OEM GTS wheels are all black which I was not a fan of.

They are available in 5 lug as well as centerlocks in a variety of sizes.

The following 4 users liked this post by Hurricane:
GlasWerksDMV (08-06-2022), koala (08-06-2022), MingusDew (08-06-2022), PatrickBateman (08-08-2022)
Old 08-06-2022 | 09:21 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default No the "S" spoked rims

Totally diferent.

Do you mean just keep the rims I have? They are silver... just getting the itch for something different.
Old 08-06-2022 | 10:00 AM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Have owned my Aqua Blue 2013 C2S with SPASM for about 7 years now. Have driven it about 40K miles and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was thinking of upgrading to a low mile 2015-2018 911 TTS but just can't make myself pay the stratospheric prices they are bringing now compared to historical norms. Not that I can't afford it, just makes no financial sense to me to take a $50K loss when the market does inevitably correct. Soooo... planning to upgrade some things. One of the big ones is to upgrade from my stock Sport Techno rims. I know there are a lot of options out there and am sure many of you have have gone through this process. Would really like to see what everyone else has done. Pictures, reviews and thoughts on the choices are greatly appreciated....
I am about in the same boat these days but after almost three years or terrific driving, I am seeing each day that changing UP, does me no good whatsoever other than the 'bragging rights' of ownership. Having installed a few tunes, sport headers and exhaust and a transmission tune, this is all the power I would ever need in a car, any car! The overall driving experience is no different when driving with a heavy foot on country or mountain roads or the occasional track day. I am really surprised to see so many posts, on this and other forums, where everyone is worried about obtaining the fastest 1/4 mile time drag racing a perfectly good road car, doesn't quite make sense to me at all.

I recently completed a 4500 mile cross country trip with my NA 991.1 and went everywhere from sea level to 10,000ft and I don't think a turbo would have gotten me any more enjoyment whatsoever. Car ran perfect at all speeds and the whine of that NA engine, with sport exhaust open at high speeds is exhilarating and turns heads whenever I get into it. We went up to Summit Point raceway last weekend for the PCA Porschefest and when you watch the cars on track, the ones that standout the most are the NA cars as they run down the front straight. The turbo cars seem to go 'whoosh' and the NA cars can be heard coming from a distance. Truly a pleasing sound, at least to my ears.

I thought agouti upgrading wheel also but have had so many complements on the Sport Platinum's that I have yet to find another I like better, at least so far. On the Guards Red, the platinum
looks awesome.

The following users liked this post:
MingusDew (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022 | 03:58 PM
mhconley
Racer

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Forgeline FU3Cs. I got them through Glaswerks and they were great to work with. I love the look, a modern interpretation of the classic Fuchs wheels, with a little more concave than the 50th anniversary wheels (that I love!). It really changes the look of the car. The OEM GTS wheels are all black which I was not a fan of.

They are available in 5 lug as well as centerlocks in a variety of sizes.

I love those Forgeline FU3C wheels on your car. Just the right amount of retro on the newer cars. What sizes are they?

Originally Posted by tmarino
I am about in the same boat these days but after almost three years or terrific driving, I am seeing each day that changing UP, does me no good whatsoever other than the 'bragging rights' of ownership. Having installed a few tunes, sport headers and exhaust and a transmission tune, this is all the power I would ever need in a car, any car! The overall driving experience is no different when driving with a heavy foot on country or mountain roads or the occasional track day. I am really surprised to see so many posts, on this and other forums, where everyone is worried about obtaining the fastest 1/4 mile time drag racing a perfectly good road car, doesn't quite make sense to me at all.

I recently completed a 4500 mile cross country trip with my NA 991.1 and went everywhere from sea level to 10,000ft and I don't think a turbo would have gotten me any more enjoyment whatsoever. Car ran perfect at all speeds and the whine of that NA engine, with sport exhaust open at high speeds is exhilarating and turns heads whenever I get into it. We went up to Summit Point raceway last weekend for the PCA Porschefest and when you watch the cars on track, the ones that standout the most are the NA cars as they run down the front straight. The turbo cars seem to go 'whoosh' and the NA cars can be heard coming from a distance. Truly a pleasing sound, at least to my ears.

I thought agouti upgrading wheel also but have had so many complements on the Sport Platinum's that I have yet to find another I like better, at least so far. On the Guards Red, the platinum
looks awesome.

I have always like the look of the stock Carrera S wheel, especially in platinum or black.

Martin
Old 08-06-2022 | 07:01 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Aqua blue is such a fantastic color, BTW!

Quick Reply: Suggestions for new wheels for 2013 C2S?