Sponsored by:

Rear Park Assist - not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 03:26 PM
spwjr
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Park Assist - not working

I am aware that there are a few posts on this issue, but nothing I've read to address my problem. I have a 2013 C2S and the rear PA (I only have rear) has not worked since I bought the car about 6 months ago; not sure how this got by the Porsche dealer that did my PPI, but that's another story. In any event, I have two fault codes: 107914 " Rear right outer ParkAssist sensor, lines" and 107814 " Rear right inner ParkAssist sensor, lines". I can interrogate the PA module which successfully provides all the module data, so I'm assuming the module is OK. In addition - a weird thing, I noticed that my rear right license plate light was broken and was dangling inside the bumper - not readily obvious unless you're looking up. When you consider the broken light coupled with the wiring (lines codes) all on the right side of the car, would lead me to believe that perhaps someone yanked on the cable upon removing the rear bumper which has lead to these problems and broke/strained the harness. Appreciate any thoughts or confirmation regarding how best to move forward from here. Is the rear PA wiring harness typically an issue on these cars assuming my suspicion about how this could have happened is incorrect? Besides this, the car is in great shape with clean CarFax, but not sure how this got by the dealer (several months ago now). BTW - when you put the car in reverse, I do have that 3 second buzz indicating a PA problem, but being new to the car I never noticed (or was sensitive to this issue) until some time later. I can clear the codes and the car silhouette does briefly appear and the left sensors do detect my garage wall but then it craps out again and the PA system goes down. Appreciate your thoughts/advice here before I start tearing into this! Thanks!
Old 09-10-2022, 08:17 PM
spwjr
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwjr
I am aware that there are a few posts on this issue, but nothing I've read to address my problem. I have a 2013 C2S and the rear PA (I only have rear) has not worked since I bought the car about 6 months ago; not sure how this got by the Porsche dealer that did my PPI, but that's another story. In any event, I have two fault codes: 107914 " Rear right outer ParkAssist sensor, lines" and 107814 " Rear right inner ParkAssist sensor, lines". I can interrogate the PA module which successfully provides all the module data, so I'm assuming the module is OK. In addition - a weird thing, I noticed that my rear right license plate light was broken and was dangling inside the bumper - not readily obvious unless you're looking up. When you consider the broken light coupled with the wiring (lines codes) all on the right side of the car, would lead me to believe that perhaps someone yanked on the cable upon removing the rear bumper which has lead to these problems and broke/strained the harness. Appreciate any thoughts or confirmation regarding how best to move forward from here. Is the rear PA wiring harness typically an issue on these cars assuming my suspicion about how this could have happened is incorrect? Besides this, the car is in great shape with clean CarFax, but not sure how this got by the dealer (several months ago now). BTW - when you put the car in reverse, I do have that 3 second buzz indicating a PA problem, but being new to the car I never noticed (or was sensitive to this issue) until some time later. I can clear the codes and the car silhouette does briefly appear and the left sensors do detect my garage wall but then it craps out again and the PA system goes down. Appreciate your thoughts/advice here before I start tearing into this! Thanks!

Hello would really appreciate a response to my post. So I have replaced the two rear right sensors and the wiring harness and still have the problem. The only other component I can think of to replace is the module itself. Is there anything else I should consider before incurring the expense of a replacement module? Thanks.