Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

enabling reverse camera function via PIWIS 991.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2022 | 11:34 PM
yoda888
Racer

Default enabling reverse camera function via PIWIS 991.1

I'm trying to enable/activate the reverse camera function on my 991.1 via PIWIS II.

I've run into a couple of problems and hope someone can help. First, the PIWIS 2 is in german! Even after I change the language to English. I went into mode also and changed it from engineering (E) to after-sales (V) and still no luck. I've gone thru multiple reboots as well.

So as a workaround, I've been using google translate to see if I can still get it to work. I've followed some instructions I've found online from Maxspeed for using the PIWIS: Boot Piwis, select your model (i.e 981/991/Panamera/Macan), Scan all modules, select PCM Module, Erase any present Fault Codes, some codes may remain in memory and cannot be erased that’s fine it’s very common to have random errors when scanning PCM.

Now click Coding > Manual Coding > Click F12 > Select “Reversing Camera” or “Rear Park Assist + Camera” depending on the PCM Version sometimes the “Reversing Camera Option” will not show up alone if that’s the case you have to select “rear park assist + reverse camera” make sure the box is checked > Select F8 and code.

Exit from Piwis Scanner. Power PCM, push “CAR” Button then “Options” Then “ SET CAR “ and you should see the backup camera settings.

I can't find anything corresponding to "coding."

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Last edited by yoda888; 07-19-2022 at 11:53 PM.