Sponsored by:

Air Conditioner Quit - Fixed !

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 03:05 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
This happened on my 22 Macan. Blew out hot air. SA said this is a recurring problem on the 22's as he has seen it often. He mentioned this and I assume he was talking about Macans, but it may be other models as well.

Turns out the issue was the AC pressure sensor. They replaced that and all has been fine so far.
Same issue... the AC pressure sensor. Service tech confirmed that the Macan has the same part which is available.
Thanks for the info.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche_nuts (08-15-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 09:35 AM
lgusto
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Fan Blower Issues Resolved

Echoing most of the other comments on this thread, my 2014 991 fan blower stops working if I leave the car sitting for more than a couple of days. All A/C dash indicators are normally lit and even the fan speed controls move up and down when changed. Just no air comes out.

There is a black spherical cover over the fan which is accessed via the frunk's air filter box. Open the box, push the black spherical cover down and you can see the fan. Give it a little spin, put everything back together and restart the car. That has fixed the problem for me three times now.

I believe the black spherical cover moves up and down to either recirculate the cabin air or bring in fresh. In any case, it covers the fan and has to be pushed down (rotated down is probably more accurate) to see and spin the fan.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioner Quit - Fixed !