Sponsored by:

Techart II rear wing

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 04:30 PM
PorscheC2S
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Techart II rear wing

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the Techart II rear wing for my 991.1 C2S and wondering if it's a PITA to mount and what all needs to be done once installed. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2022, 04:54 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

My 991.1 C2S used to have a TechArt II wing. Unless the wing comes assembled already, you'd have to piece it together and it's surprisingly heavy for a wing!
You'd need to ensure that the OEM raising spoiler is disabled before setting off with the new wing installed, or else you'll have a 3 piece spoiler soon :P
You will only be removing the OEM spoiler and it's undertray - not the inner metal panel with the spoiler motor, decklid latch assembly etc.

The tricky bit is the brake light wiring => you could get a proper harness and you'll be all set with just programming the car to be a fixed wing.
Or you could devise hackish means to reroute/tap into some wires and have the spoiler-brake light key off the decklid brake light.

Overall I wouldn't say any of these tasks are hard - original TechArt fitment and quality is very nice.
The following users liked this post:
PorscheC2S (05-23-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 04:57 PM
PorscheC2S
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by shyamvenky
My 991.1 C2S used to have a TechArt II wing. Unless the wing comes assembled already, you'd have to piece it together and it's surprisingly heavy for a wing!
You'd need to ensure that the OEM raising spoiler is disabled before setting off with the new wing installed, or else you'll have a 3 piece spoiler soon :P
You will only be removing the OEM spoiler and it's undertray - not the inner metal panel with the spoiler motor, decklid latch assembly etc.

The tricky bit is the brake light wiring => you could get a proper harness and you'll be all set with just programming the car to be a fixed wing.
Or you could devise hackish means to reroute/tap into some wires and have the spoiler-brake light key off the decklid brake light.

Overall I wouldn't say any of these tasks are hard - original TechArt fitment and quality is very nice.
Why did you take it off?
Old 05-23-2022, 05:16 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 397 Likes on 229 Posts

Just don't. MO only.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:38 PM
gnne60
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just took out spoiler fuse after installing the spoiler, and yes I get the spoiler failure after 75mph, but I can live with that
Old 05-23-2022, 10:35 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheC2S
Why did you take it off?
I’m in the minority that thinks the spoiler makes the car look too serious. Right now I’m back to the stock spoiler, but down the line I want to add a ducktail 😊
The following users liked this post:
PorscheC2S (05-24-2022)

Quick Reply: Techart II rear wing