Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Centerlock tools - where to buy PI torque wrench

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2022 | 10:58 AM
warregl
8th Gear

Default Centerlock tools - where to buy PI torque wrench

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the various centerlock threads over the years. These have been very helpful as my GTS is my first experience with centerlock wheels and it has been a learning experience. After a few years of fighting with various tire shops I have decided to buy the tools to simplify my life. I cannot find a local source for the Precision Instruments torque wrench and breaker bar kit (which seems to be the tool of choice). Are there any suggestions as to reputable online sources. Amazon has a few through 3rd parties and many of these have quite a few negative reviews. Online tools sales seem to be a bit of a crap shoot.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a reputable source? Alternately, if anyone has one for sale please PM me.

Thanks again to all who share their knowledge, you all are most appreciated!
Old 05-03-2022 | 06:46 AM
mangu
Advanced

I got mine from home depot's website. Even used one of those generic home depot 10-20% coupons that they send out in the mail. No complaints after two years of use.

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2022 | 01:40 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

if you really want to make your life simpler with the best tool (comes with cost), Renntorq is the one.
https://renntorq-llc.square.site/pro...lock-tool-v2/2

Cost fortune but requires 90 lbs. tq. so much easier than forcing to 300-400 lbs tq.
I bought one thinking doing it myself but ended never used it. If you're interested, let me know.=)
Old 05-03-2022 | 03:10 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by warregl
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the various centerlock threads over the years. These have been very helpful as my GTS is my first experience with centerlock wheels and it has been a learning experience. After a few years of fighting with various tire shops I have decided to buy the tools to simplify my life. I cannot find a local source for the Precision Instruments torque wrench and breaker bar kit (which seems to be the tool of choice). Are there any suggestions as to reputable online sources. Amazon has a few through 3rd parties and many of these have quite a few negative reviews. Online tools sales seem to be a bit of a crap shoot.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a reputable source? Alternately, if anyone has one for sale please PM me.

Thanks again to all who share their knowledge, you all are most appreciated!
Instead of buying the intergrated breaker bar / torque wrench from PI, I bought a breaker bar from Amazon, and a torque wrench from Teng Tools, so that's another option for you. . .

Yes, good choice on not letting a tire store touch your car: don't let anyone outside of a Porsche dealership touch your car, and even then, you're probably better off if you can do it yourself. I just take the wheels and extra tires to the tire shop, and they can simply change the tires off the car.

Last edited by WP0; 05-03-2022 at 03:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GSBruce (05-03-2022)

Quick Reply: Centerlock tools - where to buy PI torque wrench