Sponsored by:

exhaust alignment issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 02:28 PM
PNW4S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust alignment issue

I just had Soul Performance headers and Sport cats, and new tips installed by Porsche dealership, and the new 4" tips ride to high and touch the black valance. I've tried adjusting multiple times and can't seem to get any up/down play enough to give gap between valance and tips. Could dealership have misaligned the muffler portion in any way as to point tip connection tubes slightly upward? Any other suggestions or comments for solution would be helpful. Soul Performance is going to send new set of tips just to see if there's difference in tip set. Btw, Soul Performance customer service has been outstanding! installed on 2017 C4S w/PSE. Only touches at rear portion of the tip, but conceded about heat and melting of plastic.

only really touching or 1mm gap at rear portion of tips

Last edited by PNW4S; 04-24-2022 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:53 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 468 Likes on 318 Posts

I'm sure you paid the dealer lots of $$$ for the install. I'd go back to them and ask them to realign the exhaust system. I'm having Soul sport cats installed this week at my dealer. I hope they get things lined up correctly (I'm keeping stock exhaust tips).
Old 04-24-2022, 09:03 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 511 Posts

As was stated before, the dealer needs to fix that for you no questions asked. Yes, it's possible that the dealer could have misaligned the muffler portion. Having just removed the exhaust from my car, I'm curious if the muffler is properly seated in the bracket that they are strapped to. If you are even off by a millimeter, the muffler won't sit where it's supposed to and it could ride high.
Old 04-25-2022, 09:13 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Dealer

It's not surprising a dealer did this a muffler shop or indy would have been a much better choice. Dealers plug round pegs in round whole manufactured by the same company all day long. This is not how they think (if they think).

Quick Reply: exhaust alignment issue