AlexZTuned (06-14-2022)
Old 06-14-2022 | 11:00 AM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stromer
Will they work on a 991.2 4S and FAL?
Sorry, does not fit cars with lift system.

-Justin

Last edited by RRRacing; 06-17-2022 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2022 | 07:45 PM
browse964
Rennlist Member

What do you recommend for a 991.1 base C2 without PASM?
Old 06-17-2022 | 07:48 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by browse964
What do you recommend for a 991.1 base C2 without PASM?
Our coilover conversion will fit non-PASM, we just recommend a little lower spring rates compared to what we run on PASM cars.

Rafi

Online Store: www.RR-Racing.com
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-09-2022 | 08:11 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just a little track video showing the kind of testing we put all our products through, whether it’s our SC or our coilover conversion.

The following users liked this post:
noahabel (07-09-2022)
Old 07-20-2022 | 11:40 AM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Busy week with RR Racing coilover installs. Here's a 991.1 GTS and a 2019 Cayman getting picked up. Both cars completed with a corner balance and alignment. Contact us to reserve a spot in our shop and we can set your car up.

-Justin
RR Racing

noahabel (07-20-2022)
Old 10-23-2022 | 11:01 PM
IronTexan
Rennlist Member

Any members using this set up yet?
Old 10-24-2022 | 11:42 AM
esorensen
Rennlist Member

Bought it but have not installed it yet. Still have a few more drives to get in before getting the car up for the winter. Once the cold weather really sets in here in Colorado, I’ll perform the install. It appears to be a great setup, and honestly I can’t wait to try it. RR was great to do business with, and were quite patient with all of my silly questions. The kit was very appealing to me as I want to eke performance out where I can, without sacrificing the driveability/livability of my cabriolet. Something that if my wife grabs the keys to go to work or whatever, there’s no real negatives. That and the fact that whatever DE or autoX we do isn’t at the “tractive” level. The upper front strut mounting is more than well thought out, and the camber adjusters are just a bonus. Being able to adjust ride height, and corner balance too? Score. Then there’s the price…hard not to justify it as I have to replace the H&R lowering spring I bought the car with anyway. They make the car look fantastic while parked. The rest is…not very Porsche like. In my opinion, they absolutely compromised ride, and handling frankly, for looks. Now I can have both.
IronTexan (10-24-2022)
Old 10-24-2022 | 08:18 PM
IronTexan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by esorensen
Bought it but have not installed it yet. Still have a few more drives to get in before getting the car up for the winter. Once the cold weather really sets in here in Colorado, I’ll perform the install. It appears to be a great setup, and honestly I can’t wait to try it. RR was great to do business with, and were quite patient with all of my silly questions. The kit was very appealing to me as I want to eke performance out where I can, without sacrificing the driveability/livability of my cabriolet. Something that if my wife grabs the keys to go to work or whatever, there’s no real negatives. That and the fact that whatever DE or autoX we do isn’t at the “tractive” level. The upper front strut mounting is more than well thought out, and the camber adjusters are just a bonus. Being able to adjust ride height, and corner balance too? Score. Then there’s the price…hard not to justify it as I have to replace the H&R lowering spring I bought the car with anyway. They make the car look fantastic while parked. The rest is…not very Porsche like. In my opinion, they absolutely compromised ride, and handling frankly, for looks. Now I can have both.
Your reasons almost exactly match my own for wanting to go with this kit. I look forward to your impressions once you get them on your car. I will probably be calling RR in the next couple months.
Old 05-22-2024 | 08:05 PM
Alfasergio
AutoX

How much camber adjustment does this kit provide?
cbredesen (05-23-2024)
Old 05-28-2024 | 06:19 PM
cozmo kraemer
Track Day

My question would be around the camber gain as well. I know the Tarrett mounts for stock shocks provide a 1 to 1.5* increase in negative camber. Do these top mounts provide any increase in the negative camber on their own? Or would we need to make a separate purchase to get a bit more camber for a street/track setup?
Old 05-28-2024 | 07:24 PM
esorensen
Rennlist Member

You can look at RR’s website or better yet, call and talk to someone. I made the phone call, and explained my goals for my car. I went with the adjustable caster bushings and corner balanced the car. The ride height increased 5-10mm from the H&R lowering springs. The ride quality is night and day. The handling is confidence inspiring and makes the car just plain fun. With 5K road miles or so on the system, there is NO odd tire wear, and I feel confident that would reflect similarly on the track. This system made me love driving my car.
Alfasergio (06-10-2024)
Old 05-28-2024 | 07:36 PM
cozmo kraemer
Track Day

Originally Posted by esorensen
You can look at RR’s website or better yet, call and talk to someone. I made the phone call, and explained my goals for my car. I went with the adjustable caster bushings and corner balanced the car. The ride height increased 5-10mm from the H&R lowering springs. The ride quality is night and day. The handling is confidence inspiring and makes the car just plain fun. With 5K road miles or so on the system, there is NO odd tire wear, and I feel confident that would reflect similarly on the track. This system made me love driving my car.
I have been to the website, and it doesn't address this question. This is their own thread on their product, I would assume they could answer a simple question about it here, so all could see. That would help to elminate calls from the community asking redundant questions. I am glad you like the setup, it seems to be a good one, and also fairly priced.
Old 05-28-2024 | 08:57 PM
esorensen
Rennlist Member

Sorry I don’t have the answer either. My goal was not a specific negative camber number, but camber that allowed me to maximize driving performance, AND not have my tires be ruined after driving events. Corner balanced and aligned, I’m sitting at a -1.3* in the front. The website and my conversations with the RR folks pointed towards the dynamic camber changes that the factory suspension allowed, and the fact that the RR kit addresses that.
Old 06-03-2024 | 04:50 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cozmo kraemer
My question would be around the camber gain as well. I know the Tarrett mounts for stock shocks provide a 1 to 1.5* increase in negative camber. Do these top mounts provide any increase in the negative camber on their own? Or would we need to make a separate purchase to get a bit more camber for a street/track setup?

Hi, these camber plates give around -1deg increase in camber. However we are transitioning this kit to our new “Breakaway Camber Plate” which increases camber and caster a bit more. More info about our new patented camber plate:

Alfasergio (06-16-2024)

Quick Reply: New Product from RR Racing -Coilover Conversion