Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Announcing Speed Limit - how to stop it????!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022 | 11:17 PM
ernoid
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Otakugamer
This must be specific to certain countries.

See this thread - OP is in Hong Kong too.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1236...t-warning.html

read the short thread. I see the OP being in HK having the same problem, but another member in Colorado. They both have 992 and the solution was specific to 992 not applicable to 991…..
Old 04-14-2022 | 12:28 AM
Otakugamer
Advanced

Originally Posted by ernoid
read the short thread. I see the OP being in HK having the same problem, but another member in Colorado. They both have 992 and the solution was specific to 992 not applicable to 991…..
Ok. Guess you have to live with it …
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:18 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jack F
My 19 C4GTS does not have this feature.
@Jack F try this - I would think it might be there for 991.2 as well. As mentioned in the video, it does not show on every road - and as he assumed, I believe it does depend on the info the GPS has.

Last edited by shammerman; 04-14-2022 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:50 PM
ernoid
7th Gear

Originally Posted by shammerman
@Jack F try this - I would think it might be there for 991.2 as well. As mentioned in the video, it does not show on every road - and as he assumed, I believe it does depend on the info the GPS has.

https://youtu.be/Jdp0LiGBSZ4

I just went to car to check. I don’t have the “speed limit” option at all under the menu —> display of the MFD. My online research indicates that selection option only available if you optioned lane departure / cruise control, both of which I don’t have.

But somehow I get the audio speed limit warning with a lady speaking over my music, saying “there’s a speed of xx km/hr up ahead…”

No option selection in the MFD can turn this off. Wondering if there is a combo of options to select under the PCM 4 system to turn it off instead, thinking the PCM is picking up this data from a combo of maps and the car’s camera. So far, I have gone through the (hopefully) entire PCM menus and submenus, and nothing seems to point in that direction….

Can’t believe I am the only one experiencing this. There must be someone out there, a 991.2 + PCM 4.0 owner without lane departure and cruise control, yet has the built-in camera next to the rain sensor and getting same audible warnings of having exceeded speed limit.

driving me mad
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:53 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

@ernoid You state

I just went to car to check. I don’t have the “speed limit” option at all under the menu —> display of the MFD. My online research indicates that selection option only available if you optioned lane departure / cruise control, both of which I don’t have."

I do not have lane departure option in my car - not sure it was an option for 991.1 at all.

Quick Reply: Announcing Speed Limit - how to stop it????!!