Sponsored by:

Preemptive ABS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 07:24 PM
tosha
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fsmich
How do the 100/160 springs feel/perform compared to your 80/130 setup?( I assume you did this for the track)
They’re fantastic on the track - much less traction control and ABS activation and general feeling of stability. Of course this needs to be taken in context - I have Tractive dampers and a DSC controller map that was designed for this spring rate. Around town and on the highway they’re wonderful and not jarring, again, because of the way the DSC controller can be calibrated to the damping range of the Tractive shocks and to the spring rate.
The following users liked this post:
4 Point 0 (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 07:27 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,259 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by fsmich
How do the 100/160 springs feel/perform compared to your 80/130 setup?( I assume you did this for the track)
I originally ran 75/150. It was comfy on street and i thought it was good at the track, until i up graded the anti sway bars.

Then the front would collapse on turn in and the inside rear wheel would just light up.

So i went 100/150 and it is awesome. But i now want more. I am trusting that tractive is making it livable on the street, so i can go more than i usually would for track.

Some GT3 guys with tractive are reporting good things with 130/200. Thats some big boy springs there. I am thinking thats too much for the street, but tractive with DSC really has expanded the possibilities.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 05-02-2022 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:29 PM
tosha
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
I am thinking of going 120/170 next
You should consider decreasing camber if you do that because you’ll have less dynamic camber with stiffer springs. You’ll also regain straight line traction. Your camber might actually be the cause of some of your traction issues in situations in which you’re not fully loading a side.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:34 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,259 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by tosha
You should consider decreasing camber if you do that because you’ll have less dynamic camber with stiffer springs. You’ll also regain straight line traction. Your camber might actually be the cause of some of your traction issues in situations in which you’re not fully loading a side.
It was my thoughts as well, that by going stiffer, the car wouldn’t roll as much, and would require less camber.

The tyres will tell the storey. Even with almost 700hp, straight line traction isn’t an issue. Its only coming onto the straight, and its only once the car is hot. I am thinking it could be a cooling issue. Maybe the transmission is getting too hot.

Prior to the OS Giken diff, I got a front diff failure error. Which is quite funny, as i don’t have a front diff. Mine is RWD 🤣. I think the E-diff struggled and over heated and would give up.

Up grading the turbo’s actually helped with traction. By moving the power curve to the right, its no longer explosive power down low. Its smoother and seemingly endless power as max power is actually redline. Which means once i have more cooling, I can tune it further and have even more. 🤣

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 05-02-2022 at 01:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Preemptive ABS