Sponsored by:

Advice and Information request

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 12:02 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Value

That Carrera S is a little pricy, and not a CPO car from a Porsche dealer. Yoy are lookoing at about $3,000 for a 3 year aftermarket warranty. For comparison sake, I traded in my flawless, 2013 Carrera S, 37,000 miles, PDK but NO Sport Chrono, added $2,000 in XPEL, spent $1,000 on a center radiator, for $77,000 as I recall, in December 2021...I'd have taken less as the car I wanted bought was a 2017 Carrera GTS, Agate Gray, black leather.

Also noting that the rear spoiler apears to be aftermarket. I don't do aftermarket on aero, it's from Porsche or it ain't happening. The GTS aero kit can be seen on the Suncoast website for comparison sake.
Old 03-10-2022, 01:59 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 551 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by norcalccd
Hello Friends,
Found one I really like. 1 owner, aerokit, manual Transmission.
Your thoughts

https://www.alfaromeomarietta.com/us...c0bf6a463c.htm
Same Deal-

2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S- 33k miles
5 years / up to 100k miles
$100 deductible
$4,395

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 03-12-2022, 04:31 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 236 Posts

@OP : check this RL ad, looks like a nice C2 MT :

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1291639/page1
Old 03-14-2022, 03:18 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,249 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by norcalccd
Thank you for the detailed response. Wonderful points. I'm not seeing a ton within my price and desire range. Prices really out of control and I'm wondering when things will settle down.
At best price will stagnate perhaps, but with the way inflation goes, who really knows these days. They certainly aren’t returning to 2019 prices soon, if ever. Now’s not a good time to buy compared to 3 years ago, so at best you can find relative deals for the current market. I wouldn’t wait to buy with an expectation that cars will get more affordable. If you already have fun cars to enjoy I would recommend differently, but if you’ve been waiting to buy a fun car and now is when you feel financially able, then you have X amount to spend, so find the lowest mileage / newest car in your budget. You aren’t buying something today and it will be worth 40% more in 6 months, but it also won’t be tanking in value so don’t stress or regret not buying earlier, just get something to enjoy and enjoy it.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:21 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Prices

If I were in the market I would wait 3 months. With the stock market and gas prices there may be a course correction.​​​​​​​​​​the last car is much closer to what I would pick and that plastic steering wheel is easily replaceable. I would also get SC and sunroof delete but you are close to a really good spec. That interior color would not work for me but could get you a good deal.
Old 03-14-2022, 11:22 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,078 Likes on 988 Posts

This wait may never end, and a day lost is a day never coming back.

I may be wrong, but I dont see gas prices or stock prices affecting what I buy, what I enjoy and how long I keep it. Even at $7 a gallon, how much can it really affect a typical 911 owner, its peanuts compared to how much we spend on these cars, on mods, on insurance and everything else.

Buy what you want, when you are ready, stop contemplating what the best deal is, because TIME lost is far worse than a few thousands lost

never try to "time the market" when it comes to property, stocks or cars. Buy, Enjoy and move on.

There is always a reason to be optimistic, to be fearful and to be doubtful, no one has a crystal ball.

my 2 cents
The following users liked this post:
jfischet (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 02:26 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,249 Likes on 631 Posts

I’ll also add that I recently bought my first Porsche, and I had been stressing for months about prices. I expect the seller made about $20k compared to when he bought the car a few years back, but I’m not mad about that. In fact, all my stress and anxiety over prices went away once I had the car and drove it for the first time. Now I just enjoy it and am really happy with the purchase because even at current inflated prices the car is an amazing experience. I’ll get more enjoyment having it now vs. waiting ??? months for the market to maybe level out or correct 5-10% (at best). Just buy the best thing you can afford and go enjoy it, that’s what sportscar ownership should be about: enjoyment of experience not stress over purchase anxiety.
Old 03-14-2022, 02:40 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 618 Posts

EVERYONE tries to compare pre pandemic prices, those prices are long gone for the indefinite future. That Grey car is actually a good price in todays market, especially for a manual. I was offered similar money for my manual with 90k miles here in CA. The Manual premium is REAL in todays market. If you keep that car long enough and don't stack a ton of miles on it your depreciation will be minimal if any. The PDK cars are just less rare regardless of original MSRP. so they will never hold the same premium as a manual car.

Good Luck and keep us posted on what you end up getting

-Joe

Old 03-16-2022, 05:49 PM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 873 Likes on 460 Posts

mt grey car is still available with 2k less asking
Old 03-18-2022, 08:22 PM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

At the dealer checking out the c2s with a friend. It’s off the market now
Old 03-21-2022, 03:04 PM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

Btw don't make assumption about a car based on age/mileage, check it out in person if you can esp in the days of BAT/PCAR. This 10yr/near 40k old c2s isn't a 1st eye beauty(being a pure blk car & you can tell previous owner didn't make much of paint up-keep effort), but man does it drive like a new car mechanic wise! 0 slack in steering/chassis & not event the slightest rattle. I've been in cars with less the half of the age/miles that don't feel as tight/smooth. I think it's a combination of the car is being driven regularly&well serviced&just a very very good example from the factory.

Regard PCCB, it's a blessing, esp on non-gt cars. good that some of you don't want cars with it as it's already hard enough to find.

Quick Reply: Advice and Information request