Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022 | 10:35 PM
conemasher
Track Day

Default Rear Sway Bar

I've been looking into getting a rear sway bar for my 2019 T but wasn't sure if bars for the 991.1 were compatible with 991.2. I called two different vendors and got conflicting answers. One said that the bar for the 991.1 would fit the 991.2 while another vendor said that they would not.

Anyone know?

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2022 | 10:50 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Based on this it appears it will.

https://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/o...MtMGwtaDYtZ2Fz
The following users liked this post:
conemasher (03-05-2022)
Old 03-05-2022 | 03:05 AM
gskv
Rennlist Member

call dealer?

what happened to the car's original rear sway bar? lol
Old 03-05-2022 | 02:33 PM
conemasher
Track Day

Thanks that’s a good idea. I was looking at aftermarket options to get more rotation for autocross. I’ve ordered new tires and will be getting an alignment first.
Old 03-05-2022 | 02:49 PM
991_T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gskv
call dealer?

what happened to the car's original rear sway bar? lol
What gskv asked ^^^^ ?
What's wrong with the factory sway bar that's on the car now ?
Do have a DSC V3 Controller installed on the car ?
Can you elaborate somewhat, what are you trying to achieve ? More Rotation ?

Last edited by 991_T; 03-05-2022 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2022 | 02:59 PM
Live Steam
Racer

Originally Posted by conemasher
Thanks that’s a good idea. I was looking at aftermarket options to get more rotation for autocross. I’ve ordered new tires and will be getting an alignment first.
Should make the changes to suspension and tires and then do an alignment. JMO
991_T (03-05-2022)
Old 03-05-2022 | 06:25 PM
conemasher
Track Day

Originally Posted by 991_T
What gskv asked ^^^^ ?
What's wrong with the factory sway bar that's on the car now ?
Do have a DSC V3 Controller installed on the car ?
Can you elaborate somewhat, what are you trying to achieve ? More Rotation ?
I don't have the DSC controller but have been reading about it. The car had terrible understeer so I'm hoping tires and alignment will address most of it. Do you have the controller?

Originally Posted by Live Steam
Should make the changes to suspension and tires and then do an alignment. JMO
Yup that's the plan. If I want more rotation then sway bar will be next.
Old 03-05-2022 | 07:17 PM
991_T
Rennlist Member

I don't have the DSC controller but have been reading about it. The car had terrible understeer so I'm hoping tires and alignment will address most of it. Do you have the controller?

Yup that's the plan. If I want more rotation then sway bar will be next.
Yes I do have a DSC, to me it completely change the handling of the car especially on the track though you normally wouldn't push your car on a public hwy or road as hard as you would in a controlled environment like a track or autocross.
The car just felt different less body roll though these 911's don't roll much anyway but i did notice much less of a nosedive with extreme hard braking like a 120mph down to 50-60mph before a turn, overall the car felt well planted on the ground.
I highly recommend the DSC controller if your going to do competitive driving.
On the street most people like the normal mode better than the factory setting as it's less harsh of a ride I did notice that as well but I'm always in Sport or Sport+ mode anyway and I rarely use Normal mode unless the wife and I are cruising around.
What set of tires are you running ?
That could be part of the understeer issue.
roketman (03-14-2022)
Old 03-05-2022 | 07:34 PM
D2M
Rennlist Member

I maxed out my front camber the second day I had my car. Understeer all gone. All cars are set up to understeed from the factory so noobs don't wrap them around a tree. Also a partial lift off throttle on corner entry really loads the front nicely

The following 3 users liked this post by D2M:
991_T (03-06-2022), conemasher (03-15-2022), desmotesta (03-15-2022)
Old 03-07-2022 | 01:38 AM
conemasher
Track Day

Originally Posted by 991_T
Yes I do have a DSC, to me it completely change the handling of the car especially on the track though you normally wouldn't push your car on a public hwy or road as hard as you would in a controlled environment like a track or autocross.
The car just felt different less body roll though these 911's don't roll much anyway but i did notice much less of a nosedive with extreme hard braking like a 120mph down to 50-60mph before a turn, overall the car felt well planted on the ground.
I highly recommend the DSC controller if your going to do competitive driving.
On the street most people like the normal mode better than the factory setting as it's less harsh of a ride I did notice that as well but I'm always in Sport or Sport+ mode anyway and I rarely use Normal mode unless the wife and I are cruising around.
What set of tires are you running ?
That could be part of the understeer issue.
Thanks for detailed response. I've been reading more about it and now I'm really tempted to buy it. I have the stock pirellis but have new tires on order (michelin pilot 4s).

Originally Posted by D2M
I maxed out my front camber the second day I had my car. Understeer all gone. All cars are set up to understeed from the factory so noobs don't wrap them around a tree. Also a partial lift off throttle on corner entry really loads the front nicely
Nice! Must feel good to get rid of that understeer. I'm taking it in for an alignment for 0 toe and max camber up front.
Old 03-14-2022 | 11:11 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Default Rear sways

TPC has an upgraded front and rear sway bar kit
Old 03-15-2022 | 04:24 AM
G99x.y
Pro

have you considered sway bar from 991.2 GTS?
Old 03-15-2022 | 11:46 PM
conemasher
Track Day

Originally Posted by G99x.y
have you considered sway bar from 991.2 GTS?
I have not. I was looking at aftermarket with some adjustability. Is the GTS one stiffer than the stock base?

Originally Posted by roketman
TPC has an upgraded front and rear sway bar kit
Yup I was looking at those along with Tarett. For now, I have new tires and installed the DSC controller. I have an event this coming weekend so I'm excited to see the difference.
Old 03-15-2022 | 11:50 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Not sure but I think I read something somewhere that it was.

but I did see this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304132398673. 😎

Old 03-16-2022 | 01:34 PM
991_T
Rennlist Member

I have not. I was looking at aftermarket with some adjustability. Is the GTS one stiffer than the stock base?

Yup I was looking at those along with Tarett. For now, I have new tires and installed the DSC controller. I have an event this coming weekend so I'm excited to see the difference.
I'm not sure that the GTS sway bar would be any stiffer, the "T"'s seem to have a lot of parts handed down from the pricier models.
I just completed a POC TimeTrial event last weekend and I again was very impressed with the handling of the car with the DSC in Sport + to the point where my PZero's got hot and fell off to the point of drifting the car in the hairpins and I had to retire for the rest of the afternoon before I ended up in the dirt spinning.
The good thing is after two weekends at the track I pretty much have learned that I'll need a good set of track tires next time to help keep the car on the track.
I might get in a POC PDS weekend in the T before jumping into a Spec Boxster then I won't be as cautious about driving the wheels off the car lol.
I camped at the track for three nights and met a few really cool neighbors that were all about Porsche's one individual had never seen a T before but was well versed with his DSC and had made his own setting to stiffen up the car more than the Sport + mode, maybe after this weekend you'll probably know what the limits are with your driving style
for me I won't be programming anything in the "custom" mode.
Please report back after your weekend I like to hear your thoughts on your DSC.

Quick Reply: Rear Sway Bar