Sponsored by:

Be Smart, Check the Charts!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 10:02 AM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 150 Posts

This guy does it for free:

To your question, no, I would not pay for that. Tons of info available for free.
The following users liked this post:
desmotesta (02-28-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 03:09 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Default Vinanalytics

Originally Posted by desmotesta
unfortunately sites like Autotrader/truecar/cargurus list "Manual Transmission" incorrectly, (mostly dealer misrepresenting facts for a click) which makes the "Manual transmission" filter almost useless.

Of the 3 pages of search results this morning, only 4 cars were really Manual and rest were PDK. Thats an HUGE margin of error and impossible to trust data based on those car sites. My 2 cents
When I was in the market....for every car I found interesting, I ran a Vinanalytics report. At least then I'd know the original sales price of the car as well as piad for options. HOWEVER, in this crazu over-inflated market, when one has their heart set on a particular model, let's say a Carrera T, or a Carrera GTS, don't dither, that car will be in the next owners hands shortly. With one's "heart set" on a particular model, it is now an emotional decision, not a logical one where charts and comparision price metrics would be taken into consideration.

I have purchased two (2) 911 cars in the past year, a 991.1 Carrera S lacking Sport Chrono, and recently a 2017 Carrera GTS. I had the luxury of a "logical" decision for the 991,1 sans Sport C Chrono as they were not as much in demand as a 991.1 with PDK, Sport Chrono. As for the 2017 Carrera GTS, purely emotional. I dallied a few years back and lost out on a 991.1 GTS, I was determing this would not happen again. When the 991.2 came up locally, at a BMW dealer 10 miles from my house, I called them at 9:00 AM, did a test ride that they insisted on at 10:00 AM and was signing the papers by 11:00 AM...no logic to this decision, purely emotional. I did know the price range of 991.2 GTS cars nationwide...always seemed to be lurking and looking at the usual internet sites. When this car was priced a wee bit lower than expected, and being a local car, Clean CarFax, 20,000 miles, I couldn't resist.

Last edited by Martin S.; 03-02-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Be Smart, Check the Charts!