Sponsored by:

2013 C2S CEL

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022 | 06:42 PM
jrussell350
Rennlist Member

Default 2013 C2S CEL

Hi everyone,

I have a '13 Carrera S with 45k miles that I purchased almost a year and 4k miles ago. It runs beautifully and I've never noticed it ever running rough. It gets good gas mileage and after a recent oil change (by me) it doesn't look like it's burning/leaking any oil (pulled out almost 8 full quarts).

About a month ago I got a CEL P1530 "Camshaft Adjustment Bank 1" (Permanent) code. It was running fine so I reset it using an iCarSoft POR V2.0 scanner.

Last week I got 2 more CELs P0431 "Cat 1 Efficiency below threshold Bank 2" (Permanent) and P0305 "Cyl 5 Misfire Detected" (Pending).

I plotted the voltages of the oxygen sensors while idling on both banks and they seem pretty consistent between 0.62-0.72V although bank 2 seems to be consistently about 10% lower thank bank 1. I thought there were supposed to be four oxygen sensors but I only see the option of viewing the back end sensors.

The last owner installed Fabspeed headers and exhaust. I've heard that some people need to install O2 spacers (https://www.fabspeed.com/fabspeed-un...nverters-pair/) for P0431 codes but I'm worried that the cam adjustment and misfire might indicate something more serious. Maybe since the misfire is just pending it was just a one-off event that I wouldn't have seen if the cat code didn't trigger the CEL. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, JR
Old 02-23-2022 | 07:30 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jrussell350
Hi everyone,

I have a '13 Carrera S with 45k miles that I purchased almost a year and 4k miles ago. It runs beautifully and I've never noticed it ever running rough. It gets good gas mileage and after a recent oil change (by me) it doesn't look like it's burning/leaking any oil (pulled out almost 8 full quarts).

About a month ago I got a CEL P1530 "Camshaft Adjustment Bank 1" (Permanent) code. It was running fine so I reset it using an iCarSoft POR V2.0 scanner.

Last week I got 2 more CELs P0431 "Cat 1 Efficiency below threshold Bank 2" (Permanent) and P0305 "Cyl 5 Misfire Detected" (Pending).

I plotted the voltages of the oxygen sensors while idling on both banks and they seem pretty consistent between 0.62-0.72V although bank 2 seems to be consistently about 10% lower thank bank 1. I thought there were supposed to be four oxygen sensors but I only see the option of viewing the back end sensors.

The last owner installed Fabspeed headers and exhaust. I've heard that some people need to install O2 spacers (https://www.fabspeed.com/fabspeed-un...nverters-pair/) for P0431 codes but I'm worried that the cam adjustment and misfire might indicate something more serious. Maybe since the misfire is just pending it was just a one-off event that I wouldn't have seen if the cat code didn't trigger the CEL. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, JR
not saying this is the case but when I had my 997.1.. had a fabspeed xpipe and had the same errors..

Old 02-24-2022 | 11:51 AM
jrussell350
Rennlist Member

Thanks and that’s good to know. Were you getting those other codes for the camshaft and misfire? I saw a number of posts on other forums by non-Porsches throwing the p0431 and 0421 codes with the fabspeed exhaust but not the camshaft and misfire. Incidentally when I got home yesterday the pending misfire code was gone.
Old 02-24-2022 | 02:36 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

vario cam sensor?

Quick Reply: 2013 C2S CEL