Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd Brake light wiring harness part #?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 05:52 PM
Bryan K
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 3rd Brake light wiring harness part #?

Does any one know the part number for the 3rd brake light wiring harness for the up/down spoiler on the 991.1? Mine is a 2014 C2S.
I've had a Techart II wing installed for a bit and am finally getting around to wiring the new 3rd brake light in with a 3x3 flasher module (I got rear-ended last year ).
I want to leave the existing wire as is for easy complete reversal of my mods for myself or next owner. I want to pick-up another 2-pin connector to add onto my newly run pos/neg wires from the splice inside the shelf in the cabin.

Anyone keen on this?

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2022, 08:04 PM
Live Steam
Racer

Received 340 Likes on 138 Posts

That seems like a lot of work to accomplish something simple. You can tap into one of the existing license plate wire pairs using
these these
. You'll just need one of
these these
to drop from 12v to 5v. You also need the connector that goes to the strip and some 20g wire. That's how I did it. If you want to reverse, just remove the assembly. I posted some pics in the 3rd brake light thread.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Bryan K
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Live Steam
That seems like a lot of work to accomplish something simple. You can tap into one of the existing license plate wire pairs using these. You'll just need one of these to drop from 12v to 5v. You also need the connector that goes to the strip and some 20g wire. That's how I did it. If you want to reverse, just remove the assembly. I posted some pics in the 3rd brake light thread.
I have everything tapped into just didn't want to cut the wires on the outside, i.e. near the strip connector.
The connector that goes to the strip is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! I want a second one to connect to my assembly and just be done.
This one:

Quick Reply: 3rd Brake light wiring harness part #?