Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repeat PDCC failures in 991 on race track

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 10:49 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

I have the exact same oem spec 991.2 GTS plus similar mods as Enzocat.

I had a suspension fault 1 track session not long ago. It was hot outside, mid 90's. Front tires were getting beat up. Cars were being tested that day. Lots of issues with cars over heating and having other issues. This is the only time I got a suspension fault. Car felt normal for the most part. Didn't do into any sort of limp mode. I pulled off track. Restarted the car, and it was good to go afterwards. Never came up again. Ive got 35+ track days on this car.

I do have the DSC sport module installed as well.

I am not sure what triggered this fault but it could have been many things I suppose. I didn't have my reader on me so I never scanned it.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:24 PM
Nmora991
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine-91
Is your 2019 GTS equipped with PDDC?
Yes, PDCC and PASM S.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:06 AM
driving_impaired
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine-91
Follow-up #1 from PCNA
In the beginning of March, I appealed PCNA’s assessment that the PDCC faults are caused by my driving style, specifically when taking a corner over the abrupt apex curbing. I argued that most suspension faults have been triggered at different left / right-turn sections without abrupt apex curbing. PCNA responded that Porsche has reviewed the issue multiple times and is standing behind its conclusion; the matter is considered settled and will not be revisited.

About a week later, I received a call from PCNA informing me that because of the unusual nature of my case an engineer is interested in further diagnosing the PDCC faults. My local dealer was authorized to replace both front actuators (dampers), PDCC hydraulic pump, PDCC front and rear valve block (except the rear valve block, all other components were already replaced in last 2 years). The PDCC components are now at PCNA for further diagnostic testing; data will be send to Porsche AG in Germany to isolate the cause of the issue. I want to remain hopeful…
Any update on this?? I'm having nearly identical issues to you in my nearly identical 2015 GTS. Happened once on track and then once again this past weekend from intense mountain driving. Like you, it kicks me out of sport even if I didn't have pdcc engaged initially. It's also very hard to replicate in normal driving which is why I came to the forums before making a dealer appointment (I too am under CPO).

Really looking forward to hearing if there was a resolution...
Old 05-09-2023, 08:54 PM
Nine-91
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by driving_impaired
Any update on this?? I'm having nearly identical issues to you in my nearly identical 2015 GTS. Happened once on track and then once again this past weekend from intense mountain driving. Like you, it kicks me out of sport even if I didn't have pdcc engaged initially. It's also very hard to replicate in normal driving which is why I came to the forums before making a dealer appointment (I too am under CPO).

Really looking forward to hearing if there was a resolution...
Thanks for your inquiry.

To my recollection, my car only got kicked out of Sport or Sport+ when PASM / PDCC button was activated (Sport Chassis).

Since replacement of the PDCC system last year I am still waiting for final testing result of all PDCC components, but I can provide an update. A couple months ago, the PDCC actuators and both valve blocks were finally analyzed by PAG in Germany. None of the parts showed any signs of a leak or failure; all parts tested well within spec. PAG is currently waiting for the PDCC pump to be analyzed for further testing by Bosch.

In the meantime, I have tracked the car at a couple HPDE events without any suspension system fault alerts 😊. I will provide another update after I receive more info on testing of the PDCC pump…
Hope your issue can be resolved - keep us posted!

Last edited by Nine-91; 05-09-2023 at 08:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
1MORLAP (09-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Repeat PDCC failures in 991 on race track