Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tricky Diminished Value Claim. Seeking input.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 06:17 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 705 Posts

I've requested a copy of the police report. If indeed it indicates there's no damage I will most certainly attempt to contact Carfax to get it removed. I'll update this thread with what happens.

Last edited by asellus; 01-17-2022 at 11:46 PM. Reason: removing drama
Old 01-17-2022, 06:27 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
I would not buy an accident car but if I met you and believed your story (and had the police report) I would pay full value. I think your stuck as far as dealers go. The insurance company is not going to pay for DM if there was no damage. Worth a shot but I'm thinking a loser. A dealer will probably pay 30% less and sell for 10% less than list on a car with a ding.
Thanks. I figured that I'm SOL on insurance covering DV and the last thing I want to even do is deal with insurance companies. The 30% DV is tough to stomach on trade on top of dealer ADM which seems to be here to stay in terms of purchasing a new car. The salesman I bought my current car from has been trying to get me a GT3 allocation at MSRP for quite some time now but his manager will not allow it due to the market.
Originally Posted by shammerman
Does the police report note that there was no damage? If so, you can contact CarFax and see if they will remove the incident. Or/And have the dealership inspect the car and report the lack of damage as well. They apparently take about two weeks or so to respond, but it's worth a try.
We shall see, this seems like the easiest path and plausible. Hopefully it works out this way.

Quick Reply: Tricky Diminished Value Claim. Seeking input.