Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 LED DRL issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2021 | 12:32 PM
Live Steam
Racer

Default 991.1 LED DRL issue

My 2016 GTS has PDLS+ with the LED surround. The rings illuminate when the drivers door is opened, but I just noticed the DRL ring goes off after startup. I checked the lighting menu for a setting for Exterior Illumination, but there doesn't appear to be a setting for this. Any ideas? Something faulty? I did just install grill screens which required removing the bumper cover, but everything went back into place. Should I check anything? Headlights work for all phases - hi-beam, low-beam and fog lights. Side markers illuminate as well.
Old 12-30-2021 | 01:08 PM
Live Steam
Racer

OK after a little research, I guess I was under the misconception that the DRL rings four lights stayed illuminated under all lighting conditions. It seems they do not stay illuminated when the headlights are on. Hence the daylight running lights name. I did think they stayed illuminated as they do for the 24 hour Le Mans cars. Thought that was a signature design for them.
Old 12-30-2021 | 01:27 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Get into a slide with traction control on and they might flicker, too. They do on mine, at least, and if I slide enough it'll throw a fault on the MFD!

Quick Reply: 991.1 LED DRL issue