Sponsored by:

Oil measurement

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 12:02 PM
NI3
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Oil measurement

Odd question, I understand to get a good reading you get car up to temp and then shut off for a few seconds and then turn the ignition on (don't turn engine over) and get the reading.

Today, I got in the car after sitting over night and for craps and giggles I started car and went to the check level screen and it showed oil level VS the standard message about not being able to take reading. Is this normal?

Also I notice the readings, when engine is warmed up varies a little. Anywhere from 3/8's to 5/8's on level ground. Normal?

I love the car, but it does seem to have some gremlins in the electrics...case in point I get random loss of Bluetooth when listening to my playlists from phone. less then a second.... weird.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-30-2021, 12:08 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

All normal. Lots of threads about this if you want to do some reading.

The car takes measurements periodically and will show you the last measurement when you go to that screen. If you open the engine lid, the assumption is made that you modified the oil level and it discards the last measurement it took.

If you're anywhere in the green on the measurement, you're fine.
Old 10-30-2021, 12:11 PM
NI3
Racer

Originally Posted by asellus
All normal. Lots of threads about this if you want to do some reading.

The car takes measurements periodically and will show you the last measurement when you go to that screen. If you open the engine lid, the assumption is made that you modified the oil level and it discards the last measurement it took.

If you're anywhere in the green on the measurement, you're fine.
Thanks!! Appreciate the answer. Did my own oil change and now I am obsessed/worried that I messed something up,
Old 11-01-2021, 02:10 AM
mangu
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Regarding bluetooth...make sure you try a different app on your phone...the same thing would happen to me, but with only 1 out of my 5 most used music apps...pretty frustrating until I realized other apps had no issue.
The following users liked this post:
NI3 (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 05:33 AM
NI3
Racer

Thanks Mangu. Will give a try.

Quick Reply: Oil measurement