Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moshammer Evo Ducktail Spoiler for 991.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021 | 07:04 PM
heroicdeath
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UH2
Got my parts back today. Nub is sanded down on both.

I don't have any instructions on the install for the diffuser though. Does anyone have any guidance there?

Thanks.
Your best bet is to contact them via whatsapp, they should've sent the installation instructions as an attachment on the order confirmation email.
Old 10-28-2021 | 07:20 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by UH2

I don't have any instructions on the install for the diffuser though. Does anyone have any guidance there?

Thanks.

I thought it attached with double sided tape.
Old 10-28-2021 | 10:04 PM
UH2
Instructor

Originally Posted by heroicdeath
Your best bet is to contact them via whatsapp, they should've sent the installation instructions as an attachment on the order confirmation email.
Sure enough..that's right where it was. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
I thought it attached with double sided tape.
My kit came with an adhesive.

Attached are some pics I just took of the ducktail installed.

The following 3 users liked this post by UH2:
991Targa4S (11-01-2021), MagicalCanoe (10-29-2021), noahabel (10-28-2021)
Old 10-29-2021 | 12:29 AM
MagicalCanoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UH2

Thanks.
Attached the english only instructions for better readability.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
991.1 Carrera diffuser_eng.pdf (203.7 KB, 146 views)
The following users liked this post:
UH2 (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021 | 12:44 AM
MagicalCanoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by noahabel
Would definitely be interested in this when you sell it.

But I did want to ask if this is a gap I'm seeing? Does it not sit flush with the bumper from end to end? Also, is the diffuser plastic or fiberglass?
There is a slight gap that has the oem diffuser showing. When my body shopped installed it, I requested they make it as easy as possible to remove without any traces of installation in case I want to go back to OEM. They installed it slightly lower as not to touch the actual painted bumper. They used minimal adhesive as well. They kept their word. Came off with no traces. If it was installed as intended, there shouldn't be a gap,

It's FRP, pretty much fiberglass that's reinforced. It's not malleable like urethane.

PM me if you want to take it off my hands
The following users liked this post:
noahabel (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021 | 08:27 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by UH2
Sure enough..that's right where it was. Thanks.

My kit came with an adhesive.

Attached are some pics I just took of the ducktail installed.

That looks really nice 🔥🔥🔥

Is the rear diffuser really going on top of the oem diffuser with double side tape ? No screws? That’s scary , wind drag might pull it off & chance to loose it on the freeway is high .
Old 10-29-2021 | 08:29 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MagicalCanoe
Here's what they both look like installed. Diffuser attaches with 2 screws and comes with adhesive.

Ouff your car looks amazing!

off topic, is your sideskirts for WB cars modified to fit to fit your C2S?

I’m looking for a set made for Narrow body.
Old 10-29-2021 | 10:44 AM
jh225
Instructor

Man, I’m really torn between this Moshammer ducktail (really a semi ducktail) and the OEM Sport Design ducktail. Subtle look vs. full on tail.

Kind of leaning towards the Moshammer to keep the lines of the Carrera S (narrow body) while still having something other than the goofy factory wing.
Old 10-29-2021 | 12:37 PM
jh225
Instructor

Originally Posted by UH2

Attached are some pics I just took of the ducktail
It looks really nice, but a couple of pics are hard to see how it matches the factory body lines.

How do you think the fitment is? Do the spoiler lines match up to the quarter panel and deck lid lines giving a smooth transition when the spoiler is down or is the line a bit off, giving a raised (or lowered) “step” ?

Basically, does it look like it came from the factory and with a quality factory fit?

Last edited by jh225; 10-29-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2021 | 05:00 PM
heroicdeath
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stromer
I put my order in on Monday and received it in Wisconsin on Thursday. Pretty smooth. They shipped FedEx and because my order was over $2500, I had to fill out a US Customs 5106 Importer ID Form, which FedEx provided and submitted for me after filling it out. No additional custom charges assessed. I going to have the logo blocks removed from all parts and finished in GT silver and PPF. I'll post when pics when that's all done.
Canada is just slow ): mine's at the Toronto facility just processing. I was hoping to be able to get it today and send it in for painting, but that'll have to wait till Monday.
Old 10-29-2021 | 10:12 PM
UH2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Roswell88
That looks really nice 🔥🔥🔥

Is the rear diffuser really going on top of the oem diffuser with double side tape ? No screws? That’s scary , wind drag might pull it off & chance to loose it on the freeway is high .
It screws on the bottom,one on each side, and it comes with a tube of adhesive
Old 10-29-2021 | 10:14 PM
UH2
Instructor

Originally Posted by jh225
It looks really nice, but a couple of pics are hard to see how it matches the factory body lines.

How do you think the fitment is? Do the spoiler lines match up to the quarter panel and deck lid lines giving a smooth transition when the spoiler is down or is the line a bit off, giving a raised (or lowered) “step” ?

Basically, does it look like it came from the factory and with a quality factory fit?
I installed it late last night.. I'm currently in the hospital recovering from shoulder replacement surgery. When I get back home I'll take more pics. Any requests? Should be home in a day or two
Old 10-29-2021 | 10:33 PM
jh225
Instructor

Originally Posted by UH2
I installed it late last night.. I'm currently in the hospital recovering from shoulder replacement surgery. When I get back home I'll take more pics. Any requests? Should be home in a day or two
Dang, Shoulder surgery sucks. Ask me how I know. Good luck and Push yourself in PT.

As for the spoiler, I’m interested to know if the topside of the spoiler is aligned with the top of the engine cover lid and the rear quarters. Just as the factory wing does when in the down position. Looks pretty good in most of your pics, but wondering how it is in real life.
Old 10-29-2021 | 10:56 PM
UH2
Instructor

This is my 9th surgery, and third replacement, due to infection. Sucks big time..but you're 100 on the therapy! I did aquatic therapy last time too and it was a big help. Hopefully, this is the last one.
Old 10-29-2021 | 11:06 PM
jh225
Instructor

Originally Posted by UH2
This is my 9th surgery, and third replacement, due to infection. Sucks big time..but you're 100 on the therapy! I did aquatic therapy last time too and it was a big help. Hopefully, this is the last one.
Man, really sorry to hear that. Best wishes on a full and healthy recovery this time.

Quick Reply: Moshammer Evo Ducktail Spoiler for 991.1