Tial products

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 01:00 AM
mrneef
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Tial products

Mods delete if not appropriate.

im just curious why there isn’t much stuff out there about Tial products?

on other platforms I was use to getting their products and they seemed to be good manufacture but I’ve heard otherwise as of late? Someone please advise as I like their 991.2 stuff.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:32 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,280 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by mrneef

on other platforms I was use to getting their products and they seemed to be good manufacture but I’ve heard otherwise as of late? Someone please advise as I like their 991.2 stuff.
They aren’t advertising their stuff as yet.

Supply is short. They told me that they have not not made any claims, nor done any advertising. And that they cannot control what previous customers say.

So really its just a handful of pioneers.

I recently bought their M800-GTS turbos.

I’m happy with them. I want the TiAL tubes next.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:29 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Another data point to add... A while back they were knocked-off pretty badly. The knock-offs were near identical from the exterior, with the tell being that they copied only a couple of the serial numbers (vs each one having a unique serial number). Thousands of them made their way into customers hands. Internally the knock-off gates used different (cheaper) materials that performed horribly. This caused all kinds of problems for Tial, and many that were not aware of this issue just assumed the quality went to poo.

I have no dog in this fight. We don't sell or profit in any way from TialSport products. I have been using their products since ~2007 on MANY custom shop projects and countless turbo kits (no-P-cars), and have never once has an issue. Over the years, it has been a go-to product because of how reliable they have been. We have on two occasions tried other wastegates, and they were both eventually replaced by Tial units. One due to reliability, and the other due to performance inconsistencies.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:47 AM
Jtax05
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I’m running there plenum, turbo inlets, and air inlets. I think all three are of high quality and help the car with flow which creates power.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:40 AM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts

FWIW I have always used the Tial external wastegates, have one on my RX-7, and had one on a Subaru STi (that I unfortunately sold). I have found them reliable and consistent. Both features you need for a EWG.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:50 AM
mrneef
Advanced

I loved them too.

I actually ordered the plenum, intercooler with inlets, and about to order the turbo inlets.

I already have full Kline header, cat, exhaust set up.

was just curious on not finding much info on tial and the vendor I purchased from is kind of……
Old 09-28-2021, 02:54 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

I have the inlets and am happy with them. I would like to add the turbo inlets but waiting for a more affordable cast option. Eventually will upgrade to the intercoolers and m660 turbos.
The following users liked this post:
4 Point 0 (09-29-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 06:47 PM
GT Rennsport
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the TiAL products. I have a very close relationship with them. Please feel free to ask here or send me a PM.
Stromer (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 07:32 PM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Rennsport
I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the TiAL products. I have a very close relationship with them. Please feel free to ask here or send me a PM.
Out of curiosity, what is the deal with their website? It seems to have been down for months. They just have this Tial Sport Outlet site that has very little product. Also, their instagram account has been very quiet since February.

Where do you even purchase their Porsche products or any of their products for that matter.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:10 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 128 Posts

TiAL is top notch. These types of products (and please correct me if I’m wrong) are generally passion projects turned product because a 991.2 was available to TiAL Sport/MiMo and the folks who did the development work wanted to go fast in their Carrera.

I believe @3DMetal was involved in the development of the TiAL kit - if I’m not mistaken, he also developed some cool products for the Audi B5 S4 way back when I had one of those cars (they were called TiAL 770R’s, so similar naming nomenclature).

I don’t think there are too many distributors of the 660’s, which makes the parts difficult to source (I got mine through the marketplace), and they don’t actively market/promote them (possibly because there isn’t a large enough market/demand?).
Old 09-28-2021, 09:00 PM
marinb
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

I bought 991.2 TiAL products from, porsche boost . com, (looks like rennlist bleeps this site... ha). They seem to have all of them, except the new M800's 4 Point 0 is running.

Last edited by marinb; 09-28-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:33 PM
3DMetal
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mrneef

TiAL has a very long history with Porsche and turbo chargers. There are a few Rennlist vendors that carry and support the TIAL Porsche performance lines ( Carrera, Turbo ( all generations ), GT2s, GT2RS... and more ).
Short answer: The lines are in development and in certification before advertising.

4 Point 0 (09-29-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 09:35 PM
fastforddriver
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I use TiAL wastegates and BOVs on my twin-turbo Mustang. Good quality stuff.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:38 PM
mrneef
Advanced

[QUOTE=3DMetal;17694473]TiAL has a very long history with Porsche and turbo chargers. There are a few Rennlist vendors that carry and support the TIAL Porsche performance lines ( Carrera, Turbo ( all generations ), GT2s, GT2RS... and more ).
Short answer: The lines are in development and in certification before advertising.[QUOTE]

thanks all
Old 09-29-2021, 01:14 AM
GT Rennsport
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tay101
Out of curiosity, what is the deal with their website? It seems to have been down for months. They just have this Tial Sport Outlet site that has very little product. Also, their instagram account has been very quiet since February.

Where do you even purchase their Porsche products or any of their products for that matter.
TiAL is a very well know manufacturer in the performance aftermarket industry. As such, they work with distributors to retail the product to the end user. I cannot speak to much as to their use of social media, but I do know 100% that they are continuing to develop and offer products for the Porsche aftermarket community and speak with them regularly.

2021 has been a difficult year for all manufacturers and TiAL has really impressed me with how well they respond to my needs.

If you are interested, PM me and I will direct you to a vendor in your area that can assist you.

Last edited by GT Rennsport; 09-29-2021 at 01:16 AM.
Tay101 (09-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Tial products