Sponsored by:

Looking for the cheapest way to PIWIS

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2021 | 01:57 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Default Looking for the cheapest way to PIWIS

Hey all,
I am wondering if anyone here had advice on the cheapest way to get a PIWIS available for my 991.1 2015 turbo.
All I am looking to do is shut off the active aero on the car and have it setup more like the gt2, as I have a static rear gt spoiler and a custom static front spoiler.
My Porsche dealer for some reason has had the car and told me that they have no way to do this.
I have been told by many tuners and out of state dealers that it can be done, done easily and quick, and it is nothing to do.
So I am hoping to find a PIWIS so I can accomplish this.... then of course, I would use it for any routine items and maintenance
Thanks
Old 09-13-2021 | 02:00 PM
edirtaynine
Rennlist Member

just try to find someone local with it and buy them lunch or something.
Old 09-13-2021 | 03:06 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Hey all,
I am wondering if anyone here had advice on the cheapest way to get a PIWIS available for my 991.1 2015 turbo.
All I am looking to do is shut off the active aero on the car and have it setup more like the gt2, as I have a static rear gt spoiler and a custom static front spoiler.
My Porsche dealer for some reason has had the car and told me that they have no way to do this.
I have been told by many tuners and out of state dealers that it can be done, done easily and quick, and it is nothing to do.
So I am hoping to find a PIWIS so I can accomplish this.... then of course, I would use it for any routine items and maintenance
Thanks
Since 991.1 generation turbo didn't have a static wing option, the dealer might not actually be able to do it. As they have to work with factory configured options. I was able to get my active spoiler removed from my Carrera S as that car has the Sport Design Package with static spoilers. My guess is they cannot code a turbo rear end electronics module with GT3/Carrera/GT2 settings. Not saying it can't be done, but maybe not from a standard dealer PIWIS, as they may not want to take the chances of bricking your module programming it with non factory specification stuff. my .02. I bought a hacked Chinese PIWIS2 for about $800. Works great for my needs.

Last edited by Joec500; 09-13-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for the cheapest way to PIWIS