Sponsored by:

Water dripping into front footwells

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 08:46 AM
Jetstar1
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water dripping into front footwells

I’ve scoured the internet to no avail. Twice, I noticed a few drops of water dripping onto my right foot while cornering with the AC on. Not sure where the water comes from but other posts imply AC drains may be the culprit. I have not noticed “wet” carpets, and hope to fix this issue before that happens. Does anyone out there have a good “how to” clear the ac drains, or any other information on what my problem could be and how to fix it?

On another water drain note...
I know the cab has 4 rear water drains and I have checked them and periodically run weed eater trimmer line through them. There are also some from water drain lines that I do not know exactly where they are, but have run water down windshield and see the water drain from the bottom of the car. Since I can’t find the entrance, I have not “cleaned” these, but since they appear to be draining, I hope all is well.
if anyone knows/has pics of these drains, and how to clean them, I’d appreciate them.

again, thanks in advance!
The following users liked this post:
tmarino (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 05:33 PM
stefantomas
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi there, can you share where the 4 drain holes you have found are please.
thanks!
Old 07-20-2021, 10:00 PM
profoundbc
AutoX

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetstar1
I’ve scoured the internet to no avail. Twice, I noticed a few drops of water dripping onto my right foot while cornering with the AC on. Not sure where the water comes from but other posts imply AC drains may be the culprit. I have not noticed “wet” carpets, and hope to fix this issue before that happens. Does anyone out there have a good “how to” clear the ac drains, or any other information on what my problem could be and how to fix it?

I know the cab has 4 rear water drains and I have checked them and periodically run weed eater trimmer line through them. There are also some from water drain lines that I do not know exactly where they are, but have run water down windshield and see the water drain from the bottom of the car. Since I can’t find the entrance, I have not “cleaned” these, but since they appear to be draining, I hope all is well.
if anyone knows/has pics of these drains, and how to clean them, I’d appreciate them.

I also get a couple drops of water that randomly hit my right foot. Never any soaked carpet - just a few drops. 2017 C2S
Old 07-21-2021, 09:48 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 958 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetstar1

I've been following this thread hoping to see someone with a solution. These threads are always frustrating to me because I have yet to find any pictorial or video DIY on clearing of any kind of drainage lines. Glad you found the rear ones and learned how to clear them with weed trimmer line. You should consider posting some photos or video because I'm sure others would love to see how you do it. Personally, I don't have a cab so this is of less concern to me. Also, the dealer service dept manager confirmed to me that 991 hardtops (with or without sunroof) don't have drainage lines from the roof to deal with as in previous generations of 911s, so that's one less worry.

As for the water potentially dripping from the AC, I would suggest running the AC a while until you notice the dripping and then stop the car, get underneath the dash, and try to identify the source. Perhaps it's just a bit of benign condensation that's accumulating around the AC components inside the vehicle as a result of the cold air being produced in a warm/humid climate. Still worrisome but if you can visually identify where it's coming from, that would be a good start. Also, have you tried the weed trimmer line method for wherever you find the water draining from when you pour water down the windshield? That might lead to something.
The following users liked this post:
tmarino (07-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Water dripping into front footwells