Sponsored by:

Thoughts on pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021 | 11:37 AM
SConn
Drifting

Default Thoughts on pricing?

Hi All,

So I've decided to list my GTS. I've really battled with the decision because I do love this car, but I may go the way of the Bob Z and order a Spyder next spring and I do have a deposit on the new Emira, but it's way early and there are too many unknowns to commit to that 100%.

Can I get your feedback on my pricing? I know the mileage is considered high at 30k. According to CarGurus, I'm between $7-9k under market value, for whatever that's worth.

I just want to make sure that I'm not crazy with my starting asking price? Spoke with a local dealer owner Friday and he had a '19 GTS sitting on his lot for about a month asking $119k (non-Porsche dealer). He said the problem was he was actually not asking enough and people thought something was wrong with it.

Anyway, thoughts and constructive criticism is appreciated. I never sell my cars private party as I get a tax incentive for trading in my state and I just hate selling stuff.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1260530

​​​​​​
Old 07-19-2021 | 10:33 PM
SConn
Drifting

Wow crickets... Alrighty.
Old 07-19-2021 | 11:49 PM
NJ991
Rennlist Member

I think you priced your car very fair based on what the market is now. I think you will see quick. Yeah, 119 is way too low for a 2019, that would scare me away too. Good luck with the sale.
On a side note, I heard the sound of the new NA C8 Z06 motor and OMG it is out of this world. A near 9k rev limit on a 5.5 v8. Made me think twice about listing my GTS, but the new vettes lack one need of mine, a manual.
Again, good luck with the sale!
Old 07-19-2021 | 11:56 PM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by NJ991
I think you priced your car very fair based on what the market is now. I think you will see quick. Yeah, 119 is way too low for a 2019, that would scare me away too. Good luck with the sale.
On a side note, I heard the sound of the new NA C8 Z06 motor and OMG it is out of this world. A near 9k rev limit on a 5.5 v8. Made me think twice about listing my GTS, but the new vettes lack one need of mine, a manual.
Again, good luck with the sale!
Thanks so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it. I've really struggled with the decision to list it as it's such an amazing car. I wish I didn't have this sickness to try new things 😂
I had an interested party last year for around the same price, but I just couldn't let her go. I wasn't ready. I still don't know if I am, but decided to rip the bandaid off.

I heard the Z06 clip today as well. I much prefer the looks of the C7, so the C8 hasn't tempted me much. But I am looking forward to seeing it's reveal and if they've made any changes to the Z06 exterior. Agree it needs a manual option!
Old 07-20-2021 | 01:37 AM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
I know the mileage is considered high at 30k.​​​​​​
No it's not.
The following 2 users liked this post by asellus:
SafetyP1 (07-20-2021), stellman (07-22-2021)
Old 07-20-2021 | 09:12 AM
BlueShell
Racer

I don’t think that’s a lot of miles and I also think it’s prices pretty fairly. I would add a photo of the buttons under the shifter. Lots of folks look at that to determine what options come with the car.

It looks like a well spec’ed GTS and a reasonable price. I don’t think you’ll have any issues getting your asking price. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2021 | 10:01 AM
james280
Instructor

When I first saw your ad, I thought the price seemed low. But then I searched the web for comps and it seems a reasonable and fair price for a really nice car. Have you had any nibbles/inquiries?
Old 07-20-2021 | 11:27 AM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by asellus
No it's not.
The dealer in town I spoke with took a look at his "magical" national dealer book and when I told him the miles, he said it reduced my car's value by over 17k!! I knew it would effect it somewhat, but my gosh! $17k! Sadly, I've only put about 5k of those miles on myself.

Originally Posted by BlueShell
I don’t think that’s a lot of miles and I also think it’s prices pretty fairly. I would add a photo of the buttons under the shifter. Lots of folks look at that to determine what options come with the car.

It looks like a well spec’ed GTS and a reasonable price. I don’t think you’ll have any issues getting your asking price. Good luck!
Great idea! I will do what you recommend. I just assumed by posting the options list, it would help with that. Thanks for your feedback!

Originally Posted by james280
When I first saw your ad, I thought the price seemed low. But then I searched the web for comps and it seems a reasonable and fair price for a really nice car. Have you had any nibbles/inquiries?
Well, on the marketplace here I have not gotten one comment and I'm way way back on the pages now. I've listed it in CarGurus and I had one guy ask how long I've had it and where I got it (ooook?) and another guy wanted to make me an offer between $90-100K. Sorry.. I'm not desperate to sell.

I'm definitely negotiable, but it's only been a few days.

Thanks again all for your thoughts!
Old 07-20-2021 | 11:33 AM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Be calm and maintain patience. A well optioned and priced 911 in this price range takes a little time to move. After 30 days, start considering a change but you’re totally fine for now. You’ll find it’ll sort of sit and not do much, and then bam: right person comes along and it is gone. If you feel like you must do something, there’s really not such a thing as too many pictures.
Old 07-20-2021 | 11:44 AM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by A418t81
Be calm and maintain patience. A well optioned and priced 911 in this price range takes a little time to move. After 30 days, start considering a change but you’re totally fine for now. You’ll find it’ll sort of sit and not do much, and then bam: right person comes along and it is gone. If you feel like you must do something, there’s really not such a thing as too many pictures.
Agree... Though patience is not one of my virtues. And again, I really do hate selling things privately. The numerous "Is (fill in the blank) still available? " never to hear another word can get annoying.

Thanks for the tip regarding more pics. When I get some time, I'll get more shots to add.
Old 07-20-2021 | 02:03 PM
RTdeeOC
Intermediate

Emira looks amazing. Last NA GTS though. I'd keep if you have the garage space. Should sell fast though if you are determined to part with it. GLWS!
Old 07-20-2021 | 04:09 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Keep it!!!
Old 07-20-2021 | 05:03 PM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by RTdeeOC
Emira looks amazing. Last NA GTS though. I'd keep if you have the garage space. Should sell fast though if you are determined to part with it. GLWS!
Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Keep it!!!
If I had unlimited funds, space and time to make owning 2 fun cars worth it, I would keep it 100% without a doubt. I still may, to be honest. I drove it yesterday and it's just an unbelievable car. That sound! Especially with the exhaust.

Love what I've seen of the Emira, but it's a new car, built in a new facility, so even though it's a contender, I need to learn a lot more before I jump in. I'm considering the Spyder too... Manual!
Old 07-20-2021 | 06:16 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

kinda looks like a NSX type car
Old 07-20-2021 | 06:22 PM
SConn
Drifting

I actually really like the looks of NSX's. Looked at one a couple weekends ago. If it hadn't been silver, I would have been tempted.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on pricing?