Sponsored by:

Door Locking Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 01:51 PM
Jrbreeland
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door Locking Issue

Hello. When I press the lock button, it sometimes locks and sometimes just flashes but the light doesn't stay on. I can hear the lock mechanisms moving, but I don't think they're actually locking. I've also had issues with the interior lights not working so I'm assuming it's a door sensor. Has anyone else run into something similar and know what part that could be? I'm already going to open the door to adjust the window a bit so I'd like to replace this sensor while in there.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2021, 02:11 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrbreeland
Hello. When I press the lock button, it sometimes locks and sometimes just flashes but the light doesn't stay on. I can hear the lock mechanisms moving, but I don't think they're actually locking. I've also had issues with the interior lights not working so I'm assuming it's a door sensor. Has anyone else run into something similar and know what part that could be? I'm already going to open the door to adjust the window a bit so I'd like to replace this sensor while in there.

Thanks!
Looks for loose wire/connection inside the door panel.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:46 PM
Jrbreeland
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WP0
Looks for loose wire/connection inside the door panel.
Makes sense. Do you happen to know where the sensor would be for these wires?
Old 06-10-2021, 03:50 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrbreeland
Makes sense. Do you happen to know where the sensor would be for these wires?
It's a connector insde the panel. There are either three or four wires. One does the windows, one for the airbag, one for the security/locking system, and maybe another. It's the one that's not attached to the airbag or the window controls. You can see some videos that will show you the inside of the panel on YouTube.

Clean out the connectors, and check the wires for wear. That's the high probability problem.

edit: and use dielectrical grease for connectors

Last edited by WP0; 06-10-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:57 PM
Jrbreeland
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WP0
It's a connector insde the panel. There are either three or four wires. One does the windows, one for the airbag, one for the security/locking system, and maybe another. It's the one that's not attached to the airbag or the window controls. You can see some videos that will show you the inside of the panel on YouTube.

Clean out the connectors, and check the wires for wear. That's the high probability problem.

edit: and use dielectrical grease for connectors
Perfect. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Door Locking Issue