Sponsored by:

PASM Fault from nowhere

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 02:19 PM
Joec500
Drifting

Received 1,010 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by tmarino
Final update on my PASM issue............After inspecting all systems at the dealer, Sewickley Porsche in Pittsburgh, the fault was being thrown from the DSC Sport PASM control unit that I had upgraded to back in December. The headlight control fault is thrown at the same time because the headlight control module has lost communication with the PASM control, the DSC Controller in my case, and can't adjust the headlights based on the suspension attitude. Makes perfect sense.

I immediately contacted DSC support while at the dealership and when I returned home we tried to just re-flash the DSC Controller with the latest firmware and config files. We had an issue with the connection process so DSC support sent out a new replacement controller for me to install. Out with the old and in with the new, problem solved, good as new and works perfectly. From the stellar service received at Sewickley Porsche in Pittsburgh to the awesome tech support at DSC, I couldn't be a more happy Porsche owner!

The battery may not have been the issue afterall but since I had no idea of the age/health of the battery, it was money well spent to assure me of a safe start to my cross country trip.

Kudos to the Sewickley Porsche Team led by Service Manager Duane Smith and Jeremy at DSC Tech Support.............you guys rock!

Tom in Reno

Did you keep your stock PASM controller by any chance? I always swap my OEM controller when taking my car into a dealership as I know the dealer likes to update software and get all complainy about non porsche things.

Old 06-10-2021, 02:26 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 127 Posts

I on the East Coast and the stock PASM is in my garage in Reno. Duane, the service manager, had no issues withers DSC as he is familiar with the unit. He just couldn’t get me a firm diagnosis.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:57 PM
dannyss
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts

I leave my stock controller in the glove box. So IF ever the DSC is giving me problems I can swap right there and then.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by tmarino
Final update on my PASM issue............After inspecting all systems at the dealer, Sewickley Porsche in Pittsburgh, the fault was being thrown from the DSC Sport PASM control unit that I had upgraded to back in December. The headlight control fault is thrown at the same time because the headlight control module has lost communication with the PASM control, the DSC Controller in my case, and can't adjust the headlights based on the suspension attitude. Makes perfect sense.

I immediately contacted DSC support while at the dealership and when I returned home we tried to just re-flash the DSC Controller with the latest firmware and config files. We had an issue with the connection process so DSC support sent out a new replacement controller for me to install. Out with the old and in with the new, problem solved, good as new and works perfectly. From the stellar service received at Sewickley Porsche in Pittsburgh to the awesome tech support at DSC, I couldn't be a more happy Porsche owner!

The battery may not have been the issue afterall but since I had no idea of the age/health of the battery, it was money well spent to assure me of a safe start to my cross country trip.

Kudos to the Sewickley Porsche Team led by Service Manager Duane Smith and Jeremy at DSC Tech Support.............you guys rock!

Tom in Reno
Always nice to see a positive resolution. Congrats!
The following users liked this post:
tmarino (06-10-2021)

Quick Reply: PASM Fault from nowhere