Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C2S: APR K04.3 Turbo Upgrade whoes

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2021 | 09:30 PM
Tecni
Advanced

Default C2S: APR K04.3 Turbo Upgrade whoes

Last week I reached out to Flat 6 Motorsports here in Central Florida so I could get my hands on the much anticipated APR K04.3 turbo upgrade and the transaction went smooth and parts arrived at my door 4 days later.

That same day I installed the hardware and had Jon from Flat 6 attempt to upload the tune but after having been on the phone with APR for a while, we were told they simply didn’t have a tune for my ECU.

How long til they produce it? I certainly don’t know but the more worrisome part is neither do they. I was told , it could be days or even months 🤦‍♂️

UPDATE: Issue resolved

Hopefully this is all resolved in the next couple of days and it will be water under the bridge. But this is just a heads up to anyone considering this kit. You may or may not be able to be flashed and could be stuck in a limbo.

I will keep the thread updated

Last edited by Tecni; 06-04-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2021 | 09:35 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Uh.... What?! You have a 991.2 obviously... and you're in the US with a US market car. Did the person on the phone get confused and maybe thought you had a 991.1 generation? Well, at least you can still drive around with the bigger turbos on, it'll just be a laggier.

Old 05-27-2021 | 09:54 PM
Tecni
Advanced

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Uh.... What?! You have a 991.2 obviously... and you're in the US with a US market car. Did the person on the phone get confused and maybe thought you had a 991.1 generation? Well, at least you can still drive around with the bigger turbos on, it'll just be a laggier.

Yep, in the US with US car market vehicle... Apparently my ECU is different than the ones they have successfully tuned. So until they can figure it out, I’m stuck.

I can’t drive around since once I get into boost, I run the risk of going into limp mode or worst case, blowing up the engine since the new turbo can feed the engine far more air.
Old 05-27-2021 | 10:00 PM
Vrrooom
Advanced

That’s really unfortunate. I was told if APR didn’t have one for your ecu box code that you just send them your ecu and you’ll have it back in a few days. I hope whatever the solution, that you get it resolved.

I couldn’t stand getting a big upgrade like that and not being able to drive the car. The anticipation would get to me along with the frustration of spending that cash and having a dead car. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2021 | 10:11 PM
Tecni
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vrrooom
That’s really unfortunate. I was told if APR didn’t have one for your ecu box code that you just send them your ecu and you’ll have it back in a few days. I hope whatever the solution, that you get it resolved.

I couldn’t stand getting a big upgrade like that and not being able to drive the car. The anticipation would get to me along with the frustration of spending that cash and having a dead car. Good luck!

Thanks, my frustration exactly.

I guess to add insult to injury, I have a Cobb Accessport so the first thing that came to mind was to simply upload a GTS stage 2 tune in the mean time. Well... That would have just made too much sense. Apparently you can’t put a GTS tune on a C2S with an AP.
Old 05-27-2021 | 11:01 PM
polobai
Drifting

You could always protune it pretty simply using a base map from one of the tuners (Bgb, M tuning, etc). I am sure @Tyler@APR or @Arin@APR can find a solution quickly for you though. Did the shop install the turbos or did you do it on your own?
Old 05-27-2021 | 11:11 PM
Tecni
Advanced

Originally Posted by polobai
You could always protune it pretty simply using a base map from one of the tuners (Bgb, M tuning, etc). I am sure @Tyler@APR or @Arin@APR can find a solution quickly for you though. Did the shop install the turbos or did you do it on your own?

I did the install myself. Not too bad.

I called M Tuning but got no reply today even though I’d hate to have to pay additionally for something that “came” with the kit.
Old 05-28-2021 | 12:02 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tecni
Yep, in the US with US car market vehicle... Apparently my ECU is different than the ones they have successfully tuned. So until they can figure it out, I’m stuck.

I can’t drive around since once I get into boost, I run the risk of going into limp mode or worst case, blowing up the engine since the new turbo can feed the engine far more air.
Nah, you'll be perfectly fine romping on it. The ECU controls to a load which is calculated through some number of parameters and it will adjust the boost to hit the target load. The bigger turbo will just be laggier, but freer flowing like if you put on a bigger exhaust and sport cats. The compressor will be more efficient at higher flow levels which just results in lower intake air temps. So not any different than running in cold weather.
Old 05-28-2021 | 03:28 PM
Rennlist Member

OP question, was your car tuned prior to the purchase? Specifically by APR? When you had Flat6 on the phone with APR did they request your ECU code from you?
Old 05-28-2021 | 03:40 PM
Tecni
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911.
OP question, was your car tuned prior to the purchase? Specifically by APR? When you had Flat6 on the phone with APR did they request your ECU code from you?

Prior to the APR kit, the car had a Cobb stage 2 tune. We unmarried then Covb Tim une and APR remotely went through Flat 6’s computer and pulled my ECU’s info while everything was connected to my car via obd2 port.
Old 05-28-2021 | 03:50 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

It usually doesn’t take them very long to add a box code. You should be up and running soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by A418t81:
mc3456 (05-28-2021), Tecni (05-28-2021)
Old 05-31-2021 | 11:54 PM
polobai
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tecni
I did the install myself. Not too bad.

I called M Tuning but got no reply today even though I’d hate to have to pay additionally for something that “came” with the kit.
Nice! How did you make out with the oil and coolant lines? I hear those are the worst to get off without destroying...
Old 06-01-2021 | 09:47 AM
Tecni
Advanced

Originally Posted by polobai
Nice! How did you make out with the oil and coolant lines? I hear those are the worst to get off without destroying...

You just have to take your time and move the lines out of the way without bending them.

on the driver side turbo, I found it easier to remove the v-band to clear one of the lines.

Last edited by Tecni; 06-01-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2021 | 11:51 AM
polobai
Drifting

Nice so just remove the securing bolt and pull/pry up and they pop out?
Old 06-01-2021 | 03:54 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear you have issues.
Let us know how it goes.

I’m in Australia, so I would have a ROW ECU.

So I’m holding off doing Turbo’s for now. Mine is a GTS, but I always want more. 🤣

Its been quite some time. I must say I get really disappointed when companies blast onto the scene with all wonderful products and 6-12months later they still are not readily available.

why hype something up so savagely and its not for sale. Everyone gets excited, and then soon, soon, soon, next year, well we are deep into next year and.........
The following 2 users liked this post by 4 Point 0:
Dark_horse (06-23-2021), MarbleNY (06-01-2021)

Quick Reply: C2S: APR K04.3 Turbo Upgrade whoes