Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eibach or techart springs??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021 | 11:31 AM
retrojay2345
Banned

Default eibach or techart springs??

I have a 991.1 C2s without sports chrono. Do you think the ride quality changes with each of these? Which looks lower?
Old 05-01-2021 | 11:48 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

How about go full coilover so you can tune in the right amount of low and ride quality.

If any of my PASM shocks go bad that's where I'm headed.

Last edited by CSK 911 C4S; 05-01-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-01-2021 | 11:55 AM
SConn
Drifting

I agree... I'd also go full coil over if I was gonna mess with the suspension. I've used Eibach's many times, on different vehicles, in the past and after a while, the ride quality suffers immensely.
I may just be getting older (43), but it's just not that much fun anymore when the ride jars your teeth out. I still appreciate the look though, so I totally get it.
Old 05-02-2021 | 11:55 AM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

I run TechArts with the stock controller... I plan to get the DSC V3... and eventually will get B16s for the DSC V3....

The ride is fine, rather stock - does the job well... but a proper balanced suspension rather than a Frankenstein spring/shock setup would be leaps and bounds better.
Old 05-02-2021 | 12:08 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

From direct experience, you don't want progressive springs with PASM dampers. DSC helps, but does not solve, the problem—which is a car that rides a little nicer around town but porpoises when the springs get into their higher rates and PASM can't deal with it. It isn't a huge problem, but it isn't right.

Wish TPC Racing would develop/offer/recommend a spring and/or perch setup for the Carrera/T/S/GTS cars to go with its DSC. Have had my eye on the KW H.A.S., as I don't think I'll be able to live with the TechArt springs in the long run, but would rather buy from TPC and know it will work.
Old 05-03-2021 | 03:55 AM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stout
From direct experience, you don't want progressive springs with PASM dampers. DSC helps, but does not solve, the problem—which is a car that rides a little nicer around town but porpoises when the springs get into their higher rates and PASM can't deal with it. It isn't a huge problem, but it isn't right.

Wish TPC Racing would develop/offer/recommend a spring and/or perch setup for the Carrera/T/S/GTS cars to go with its DSC. Have had my eye on the KW H.A.S., as I don't think I'll be able to live with the TechArt springs in the long run, but would rather buy from TPC and know it will work.
It’s definitely possible to match up springs with the OEM dampers, I read about this topic on S2ki (S2000 forum). Obviously some research needs to be done but the gist of it was that to match a spring with the dampers, one must first know what the OEM spring rate is (does anyone now what they are?). You would then measure the spring height and diameter, then find a spring with the same diameter and spring rate (or a slightly higher rate) but with a lower height (ie 1” shorter) to get the drop that you want. There are a lot of companies that produce springs in varying rates that you could order a la carte, companies such as Eibach, HyperCo and Swift (my preferred choice) to name a few. On that forum someone did a research paper and tested all the springs (F&R) that were produced for the car (basically every couple of years there were changes made by the manufacturer). It was clear that if you just bought springs that were produced when the car came out, they would not match up to the later model year cars; of course this never stopped people from using them anyways. 😂

Last edited by Speed2k; 05-03-2021 at 04:03 AM.

Quick Reply: eibach or techart springs??