Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for anyone that has refinished their wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2021 | 01:39 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Default Question for anyone that has refinished their wheels

I'm changing from satin black to satin platinum on my dark blue metallic 2015 GTS cab. The wheels are centerlocks and I don't think they can refinish the centers, unless you guys know different. I suspect the finish is actually a powder coat.

The dealer is handling it for me. I'm wondering if I should think of anything else? Should I finish the backside in black? I'd love your experiences or input.

Old 03-07-2021 | 03:47 PM
SConn
Drifting

I'm not sure I fully understand your question but I've had 2 sets of Centerlocks powder coated.
Both times I did the same color front and back. They will tape off the area where the center lock nut goes. You don't want them coating that area.

Last edited by SConn; 03-07-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2021 | 04:02 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
I'm not sure I fully understand your question but I've had 2 sets of Centerlocks powder coated.
Both times I did the same color front and back. They will tape off the area where the center lock nut goes. You don't want them coating that area.

What I meant is having the facia of the wheel done in platinum but maintaining black on the inside where the weights are mounted.

What about the center lock nut? Seems like people leave them black. I see replacement nuts but while the picture looks like platinum the description says they are black.

Replacement nut
Old 03-07-2021 | 04:08 PM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
What I meant is having the facia of the wheel done in platinum but maintaining black on the inside where the weights are mounted.

What about the center lock nut? Seems like people leave them black. I see replacement nuts but while the picture looks like platinum the description says they are black.

Replacement nut
OK, I think I get what your concerns are now. Are you worried about how the black nuts will look with your new wheel color and so you think coating the inside of the rims black will help the overall look?
The nuts are black, not platinum. I would not powder coat them as you'll loose important script on them.

Last edited by SConn; 03-07-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Question for anyone that has refinished their wheels