Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place to install tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 01:43 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I have centerlocks so just use the Dealer; they price matched tires from TireRack when I needed new tires.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:00 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
Crossposting from another thread as I think this might be helpful here too.

Had a great experience with Tread Connection today. These guys are straight up pros. They arrived at my home in less than 24 hours with the exact tire I needed, at a lower price than I could find anywhere. Then, they pointed out to me that the two nails in my tires did not actually puncture the tread and instead of selling me the $500 tire they came with, they remounted my original tire in perfect condition. I know for certain any other tire retailer would have just taken my perfectly good tire and replaced it with a new one anyway. Incredible service and professionalism.
Great story. Did you slide’em a couple of bucks for their time?
Old 02-14-2021, 01:58 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 460 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
Then, they pointed out to me that the two nails in my tires did not actually puncture the tread and instead of selling me the $500 tire they came with, they remounted my original tire in perfect condition. I know for certain any other tire retailer would have just taken my perfectly good tire and replaced it with a new one anyway. Incredible service and professionalism.
I had exact same experience at local tire store. The owner said "...no charge..." so I slipped the tech $10 and thanked him. That store is now owned by one of the big national chains. I wonder if they would do the same again?

Last edited by DBH; 02-14-2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:55 PM
David Pflug
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I also had a great experience with the Tread Connection folks here in Charlotte. Chris Lampkin was super easy to work with and was at my house with tires the next morning. He was quick and everything turned out great.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:53 PM
musketeerracing
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for www.ziptire.net in Los Angeles. They service the Porsche press fleet and have experience with centerlocks, carry the big torque wrench and come right to your house or the racetrack. Also do vintage Porsches; the owner has a 930. Also Michelin dealers and have good inventory and advice. Have done a number of my cars.

Quick Reply: Best place to install tires