Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Kline Headers Installed - Installation Overview + Feedback + Exhaust Clips

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 03:52 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

Thanks!

Yes the full setup with the catless would not be great for the wife test. However headers alone and sport carts is an excellent combo.

The Soul Sport Cats sold a day after I posted them here on the forums, sorry.

If I was to do it again I would not replace the studs. It took extra time. We are doing my friends headers next and will be prepared to do what we have too but I dont foresee us needing it.

I used M8-1.25 x 25mm bolts.
The following users liked this post:
markk222 (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 03:55 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

So I got a Check Engine Light for lack of cats immediately like within 15 miles with the catless system. Cleared codes, and again same deal. Not knowing which direction I wanted to stick with I ordered these Mini Cat o2 extenders from ebay for $58 shipped. They worked!

Fitment IS tight but no check engine light yet

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163826751813

Old 01-21-2021, 05:31 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 301 Posts

LWG - Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated. I too try to give back as this community and forum has saved me a ton of time, effort and money.

Your car sounds great! When I was first looking for a 991.2 I didn't have it in mind that I'd have to have the PSE option (I'm glad I do!).
Kline was one of my top options if my car didn't have the sport exhaust, but with their sport cats.

Right now, I do have the Soul headers and Sport Cats with the stock PSE. Drone free is a must and for me, I think it's about perfect. I'd like it maybe a little louder, but I'm good to go at this point.

TY again!
LWG (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 07:06 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rugu6869
LWG - Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated. I too try to give back as this community and forum has saved me a ton of time, effort and money.

Your car sounds great! When I was first looking for a 991.2 I didn't have it in mind that I'd have to have the PSE option (I'm glad I do!).
Kline was one of my top options if my car didn't have the sport exhaust, but with their sport cats.

Right now, I do have the Soul headers and Sport Cats with the stock PSE. Drone free is a must and for me, I think it's about perfect. I'd like it maybe a little louder, but I'm good to go at this point.

TY again!
I think you are at a good point. The headers and sport cats wake up the car to a very perfect level. Catless brings things up a bit further and at least on my end create some drone. It sounds so mean with catless so I will give it some more time to decide. Right now the weather is not perfect so I am not using the car as much. Once spring and summer comes I will be able to get a feel for if I am keeping it hatless or going with catted pipes.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:55 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Main post updated with new videos and feedback on all 3 setups.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:55 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

The drone you are experiencing is from the muffler section, not the cat section. Even if you change out the straight pipe for a 200 cell cat, you will still have the same drone in the same rpm range.
I had the same setup and did similar testing. I even tried out the 100 cell cats in addition to 200 cell and straight pipes. Same drone in same rpm range.

The order of loudness and smell is the order one would expect:

loudest and smelliest is straight pipe (heavy gas smell)
slightly less loud and less smelly is 100 cell cat (but still smelled)
least loud and no smell from 200 cell cats (no smell)

I decided the best set up for me was the 200 cell. Its still plenty loud over stock and no smell in my garage. No CEL issues either. I might also add that on the 100 cell cat I also had no CEL (check engine light).
I dont know if there is any improvement in performance from the three options, but having no error lights, no smell and very good sound made my choice an easy one.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:55 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
The drone you are experiencing is from the muffler section, not the cat section. Even if you change out the straight pipe for a 200 cell cat, you will still have the same drone in the same rpm range.
I had the same setup and did similar testing. I even tried out the 100 cell cats in addition to 200 cell and straight pipes. Same drone in same rpm range.

The order of loudness and smell is the order one would expect:

loudest and smelliest is straight pipe (heavy gas smell)
slightly less loud and less smelly is 100 cell cat (but still smelled)
least loud and no smell from 200 cell cats (no smell)

I decided the best set up for me was the 200 cell. Its still plenty loud over stock and no smell in my garage. No CEL issues either. I might also add that on the 100 cell cat I also had no CEL (check engine light).
I dont know if there is any improvement in performance from the three options, but having no error lights, no smell and very good sound made my choice an easy one.

Good to know, that makes me feel better. I am helping Eran install his setup and he mentioned the drone may be from the catless pipe. I dont really feel like forking up another grand and change for the catted pipes.

Quoted from the Kline site:
"Performance gains for decat system, 35hp and 41nm @6000 rpm. 20 and 16hp for 100 and 200 cell respectively. :"

4hp can't be felt. 15hp? Probably, maybe but not worth the headaches to sum.

I will hop in Eran's car after we do his system with the 200 cell cats and go from there. Thanks for your valuable feedback!
Old 01-23-2021, 07:37 PM
miamimanny
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Thanks to LWG for connecting me with Joseph his parts guy. Prices seem good and I am trying to place the order ASAP. I will soon have my own exhaust to post about!

In the meantime, what is the story with this drone and gas smell? If I read it correctly, 200 cell cats will not create a fuel smell so that would be my choice.
The drone is another concern. How bad is it? What does it sound like and is there any way to get rid of it?
Old 01-24-2021, 07:10 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by miamimanny
Big Thanks to LWG for connecting me with Joseph his parts guy. Prices seem good and I am trying to place the order ASAP. I will soon have my own exhaust to post about!

In the meantime, what is the story with this drone and gas smell? If I read it correctly, 200 cell cats will not create a fuel smell so that would be my choice.
The drone is another concern. How bad is it? What does it sound like and is there any way to get rid of it?
Congrats, you'll be happy with Kline system.

Gas smell is from lack of cats. The decat pipes make most power and give you a raw and unfiltered sound, but also exhaust gases smell. Go with 200 cell cat option to prevent that.

There is a little bit of drone. Its not the end of the world but the stock system doesn't have any. I would imagine it's due to the fact the muffler is way more straight through design, which is causing the increase in overall volume in the first place.

I found this on google - https://www.cjponyparts.com/resource...-exhaust-drone
Old 01-24-2021, 08:43 PM
miamimanny
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks LWG, I think I ordered the right stuff from Joseph and excited to get it installed.

Question to anyone in the Florida area. I want to get this installed by a reputable shop. Has anyone heard of Parkhaus Performance in Miami?
Anyone from Miami that knows of a good shop please PM me. Thanks
Old 04-23-2021, 09:45 AM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Posted this in another thread also but anything special to removing the turbos from an oil/coolant standpoint since they are fed both? Thank you & great write up!
Old 04-23-2021, 09:49 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

NO need to remove the turbo or anything off the turbo like oil/cooling.
Dom991.1 (04-23-2021)

Quick Reply: 991.2 Kline Headers Installed - Installation Overview + Feedback + Exhaust Clips