Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 991.1 and 991.2 Turbo S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020 | 12:04 PM
BlackHammer
2nd Gear

Default Another 991.1 and 991.2 Turbo S Thread

Seen more than one of these threads but it appears the most common question is around turbo's and hp so sorry if something is out there...

I have a 2012 CTT and am on the hunt for 991 Turbo S. For all it matters, purchased the CTT 2 years ago with 30K miles, added the GTS body kit, deleted the secondary cats, and added the Turbo S style tailpipes. Rumbles like a freight train! Thought of a tune but its simply not a race car. Words can't describe how impressed (and shocked) I am at the quality, fit, finish, and dependability of the vehicle.

Back on Topic - please let me know if I have outlined below is correct and provide any feedback.

My understanding of the big improvements from 991.1 to 991.2:
- Interior updates
- Improved Driveline
- Less Torque Steer
- Ceramic brakes (from what I read and seen the 991.2 are a bit less "touchy")
- Power
- I have read stock to stock the 991.2 Turbo is at least a few 10th's quicker to 60, 1/4 mile and a few mph trap speed

For all it matters my plans are to do some light modifications immediately (Tune, high flow or cat delete) and eventually go bigger turbo's with supporting mods. Prices for 991.1's and .2 are all over the board but .2's are generally $20K (+/-) higher.

Thanks in advance. Again, sorry if this has been taken around the barn.

Tim

-

Quick Reply: Another 991.1 and 991.2 Turbo S Thread