Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

High Speed Stability after Lowering a 991.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020 | 03:10 PM
DG80
Rennlist Member

Default High Speed Stability after Lowering a 991.1

Hi folks,

I know the "which lowering springs/options are best?" question has been asked countless times and I'm pretty sure I've read through every single old thread. But I'm coming to you with a slightly different question, or at least a more pointed question as to which option is best for a specific purpose.

Quickly - I have a 2013 C4S with PASM (obviously) and PDCC. I want to be able to lower the car another roughly .75" which any of the provided options should theoretically do but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality or PASM functionality and, most importantly as the title of this post specifies, I don't want to negatively effect high speed stability on the track. The car is primarily a street car but I will do some HPDE and open track days with it so I don't want to learn, the hard way, that the suspension I've chosen has caused my car to feel like a wild swaying boat when doing 130 on a straight.

That said, I would love feedback from those that have used any of the options I've listed in such a capacity (street and track) and how you feel it changed the overall handling dynamics of the car. Please, if you would, vote for which option you'd choose then elaborate on your reasoning - Would be extremely appreciate and valued.

For what it's worth, I'm currently leaning toward the KW HAS option; however, in speaking with one of their reps, I was told that, because my car has PASM (and I clarified that it's just PASM, not SPASM) this kit may only lower my car by .25"... Makes no sense but he's standing by that claim, saying they had another client who recently bought their HAS kit and it only lowered his PASM equipped car by about that much.

Thank you all, in advance, for your insights!
Old 12-18-2020 | 11:58 PM
97supratt
Burning Brakes

Get a good race alignment and you should have no problem with high speed stability before or after lowering.
The following users liked this post:
the_buch (12-19-2020)

Quick Reply: High Speed Stability after Lowering a 991.1