Sponsored by:

Capristo for 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020 | 04:06 AM
Targica_88
AutoX

Default Capristo for 991.2

Hi,
I have good opportunity to purchase Capristo valved exhaust with 200 CELL sport cat , it’s almost new.
I never modified my cars in the past, just some visual things and this would be my first. It’s worth to mention that I’m not a fan of ECU tune.
The previous owner told me that system will not trigger CEL, but that is my main concern.
I was reding alot that turbos can spool to fast, or that O2 sensors can malfunction.
Can anyone help with this, do you know is it safe to install this or not.

This winter my plan is to purchase carbon diffusor, carbon mirrors and I have already bought front lip from sport design package.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2020 | 09:14 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by Targica_88
Hi,
I have good opportunity to purchase Capristo valved exhaust with 200 CELL sport cat , it’s almost new.
I never modified my cars in the past, just some visual things and this would be my first. It’s worth to mention that I’m not a fan of ECU tune.
The previous owner told me that system will not trigger CEL, but that is my main concern.
I was reding alot that turbos can spool to fast, or that O2 sensors can malfunction.
Can anyone help with this, do you know is it safe to install this or not.

This winter my plan is to purchase carbon diffusor, carbon mirrors and I have already bought front lip from sport design package.

Thanks.
great high end product! You won’t have a CEL,O2 emissions or issue with turbos spooling “too fast.” It’s a great bolt on of the highest quality.
Old 12-09-2020 | 09:22 AM
Targica_88
AutoX

Originally Posted by garfunkle
great high end product! You won’t have a CEL,O2 emissions or issue with turbos spooling “too fast.” It’s a great bolt on of the highest quality.
Thanks garfunkle.
That is good news, I hope to get some more input from others.
Also when I was searching for aftermarket exhaust, for example if you purchase Akrapovic for PSE it just slip on, no wire no nothing.
On Capristo for PSE cars you have EVCU to install and I’m not sure this is great or not ?

here is details: http://www.capristo.de/FTP/PDF/EVCU-..._2020small.pdf

What do you think about this ?
Old 12-09-2020 | 10:26 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Thanks garfunkle.
That is good news, I hope to get some more input from others.
Also when I was searching for aftermarket exhaust, for example if you purchase Akrapovic for PSE it just slip on, no wire no nothing.
On Capristo for PSE cars you have EVCU to install and I’m not sure this is great or not ?

here is details: http://www.capristo.de/FTP/PDF/EVCU-..._2020small.pdf

What do you think about this ?
It's the same for all valved exhaust. Akra just sells their controller separately. Your options are either open the valve with an aftermarket key fob(when I had mine I programmed to the garage door opener built into the car) or purchase a new center panel for the factory PSE button and have it programmed by the dealer - a lot easier than it sounds. These options will be consistent with any brand's valved exhaust.
Old 12-09-2020 | 10:42 AM
Targica_88
AutoX

It's the same for all valved exhaust. Akra just sells their controller separately. Your options are either open the valve with an aftermarket key fob(when I had mine I programmed to the garage door opener built into the car) or purchase a new center panel for the factory PSE button and have it programmed by the dealer - a lot easier than it sounds. These options will be consistent with any brand's valved exhaust.
I already have factory PSE with button inside car.
Can I installe this without EVCU, so that way I only use button (open or closed valves) ?
Or I must add EVCU
Old 12-09-2020 | 11:22 AM
garfunkle
Banned

I already have factory PSE with button inside car.
Can I installe this without EVCU, so that way I only use button (open or closed valves) ?
Or I must add EVCU
You can do either way. Just unplug the vacuum lines on your stock exhaust and put them on the new one and its done.
Old 12-09-2020 | 11:27 AM
Targica_88
AutoX

You can do either way. Just unplug the vacuum lines on your stock exhaust and put them on the new one and its done.
I hope that is correct since I’m not buying directly from shop, so I can’t choose proper version like you have on web shop.
On Capristo shop if you choose non PSE version, you get remote control but for the one with PSE there is no.
Maybe it’s optional, I don’t know.
The one that is offered to me comes with sport cats, exhaust, ECVU and remote.
Old 12-09-2020 | 11:37 AM
garfunkle
Banned

I hope that is correct since I’m not buying directly from shop, so I can’t choose proper version like you have on web shop.
On Capristo shop if you choose non PSE version, you get remote control but for the one with PSE there is no.
Maybe it’s optional, I don’t know.
It's the same exhaust - just one comes with a transmitter and key fob. Zero difference in hardware or risk for fitment for your car/PSE.
Old 12-09-2020 | 11:42 AM
Targica_88
AutoX

It's the same exhaust - just one comes with a transmitter and key fob. Zero difference in hardware or risk for fitment for your car/PSE.
Thanks for all the answers, I was thinking that this is great opportunity to jump into aftermarket exhaust because it’s like you said high end product that is on pair with Akra. I’m just cautious because it’s first time I’m buying this.
Old 12-10-2020 | 11:42 AM
edirtaynine
Rennlist Member

thats probably because the person who bought that exhaust didnt have PSE on their car.
Old 12-10-2020 | 06:18 PM
Targica_88
AutoX

Originally Posted by edirtaynine
thats probably because the person who bought that exhaust didnt have PSE on their car.
The thing is that he did also have PSE, I saw button that’s why this is all confusing to me.
According to garfunkle and seller, Capristo is offering same exhaust for pse just without ecvu unit, but if you have ecvu unit you can also install it to car with pse and use key fob and some other functions that ecvu offers, but than you can’t use Porsche button.
If you decide to use exhaust without ecvu than you can use button, and have on/off function.

That’s it if I understood good.

Last edited by Targica_88; 12-10-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Capristo for 991.2