Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR stg1 93 tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2020 | 01:08 PM
h22hatch
Advanced

Default APR stg1 93 tune

For those wondering, flashed the car a couple days ago with apr stage 1 93 file and dyno’d today. Pretty much made what apr advertised. First pull was the only good one as we did not have any airflow at all. Car pretty much heat soaked right away. Btw, it’s a 2017 C2S. Graph below. Happy with the numbers and looking forward to installing some hard parts.

The following 2 users liked this post by h22hatch:
Chillywon (12-12-2020), fastforddriver (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020 | 02:56 PM
Vrrooom
Advanced

Any before #s?
Old 12-06-2020 | 02:58 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

These are SAE corrected, yes?
Old 12-06-2020 | 04:06 PM
fastforddriver
Instructor

Per the graph, it's STD Smoothing 5.
Old 12-06-2020 | 04:13 PM
h22hatch
Advanced

Sorry no before numbers.

Yes, STD. For reference it was 40 outside with the bay doors open and no heat.
Old 12-06-2020 | 04:26 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by h22hatch
For those wondering, flashed the car a couple days ago with apr stage 1 93 file and dyno’d today. Pretty much made what apr advertised. First pull was the only good one as we did not have any airflow at all. Car pretty much heat soaked right away. Btw, it’s a 2017 C2S. Graph below. Happy with the numbers and looking forward to installing some hard parts.

What hardware are you planning to install?
Old 12-06-2020 | 05:21 PM
h22hatch
Advanced

Originally Posted by mc3456
What hardware are you planning to install?
Have a pair of Soul cats and BMC filter. Just didn’t manage to motivate before the dyno day.

Debating doing intercoolers, just haven’t decided.
Old 12-06-2020 | 05:32 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Have a pair of Soul cats and BMC filter. Just didn’t manage to motivate before the dyno day.

Debating doing intercoolers, just haven’t decided.
I have a set of TiAL Intercoolers that are brand new in unopened boxes. I was planning to get TiAL Hybrid Turbos too when APR releases their Hybrid Turbo tune, but lately debating about just getting a 718 Spyder, so not sure if I am going to even keep my 991.2 C4S. Kind of 50/50 at this moment, so if you end up going forward with intercoolers, the TiALs are definitely the best out there, and I could offer you a decent discount off of Brand New ones. Not talking crazy discounts, but at least several hundred dollars off MSRP, plus there would be no sales tax. Think about it.
The following users liked this post:
NJ991 (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020 | 06:48 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

It appears this dyno reads a bit higher than the APR dyno based on the peak torque values. The lack of fans likely reduced the peak horsepower output by comparing the relative values of the peak torque and peak horsepower from APR. Without a doubt, the APR tune has significantly increased the output.

For our in-house dyno, we've added a pair of fans on a boom blowing directly into the intercooler inlet ducts to reduce the heat soak issues. This is in addition to an array of 6 fans in front of the car and another array of 6 fans behind the car.

The following 2 users liked this post by VektorPerformance:
fastforddriver (12-06-2020), tourenwagen (12-07-2020)
Old 12-06-2020 | 08:46 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Damn, that is the sweetest, and neatest, Dyno room I have ever seen. Respect.
Old 12-06-2020 | 11:09 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mc3456
I have a set of TiAL Intercoolers that are brand new in unopened boxes. I was planning to get TiAL Hybrid Turbos too when APR releases their Hybrid Turbo tune, but lately debating about just getting a 718 Spyder, so not sure if I am going to even keep my 991.2 C4S. Kind of 50/50 at this moment, so if you end up going forward with intercoolers, the TiALs are definitely the best out there, and I could offer you a decent discount off of Brand New ones. Not talking crazy discounts, but at least several hundred dollars off MSRP, plus there would be no sales tax. Think about it.
What’s making you want to go from a 991.2 to Spyder? I came from a 718 GTS to 991.2 GTS. My next “progression” might be into a 718 GT4.
Old 12-07-2020 | 06:05 AM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Purekoryo
What’s making you want to go from a 991.2 to Spyder? I came from a 718 GTS to 991.2 GTS. My next “progression” might be into a 718 GT4.
I just love mid-engined cars. I also have a flawless, fully-loaded Alfa 4C Spider that I will be listing soon on Bring-a-Trailer Alfa 4C Spider Pictures Gallery, so will likely replace both the 991.2 C4S AND the 4C, with a PTS 718 Spyder.

Last edited by mc3456; 12-07-2020 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-08-2020 | 02:36 PM
h22hatch
Advanced

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
It appears this dyno reads a bit higher than the APR dyno based on the peak torque values. The lack of fans likely reduced the peak horsepower output by comparing the relative values of the peak torque and peak horsepower from APR. Without a doubt, the APR tune has significantly increased the output.

For our in-house dyno, we've added a pair of fans on a boom blowing directly into the intercooler inlet ducts to reduce the heat soak issues. This is in addition to an array of 6 fans in front of the car and another array of 6 fans behind the car.

Wow, I love that dyno setup. Looks like a really good way to do it.

As for my graph versus the one you posted, looks like you pulled the wrong graph. And I didn't specify that I dyno’d in sport+. Below is what APR shows. I know this dyno is accurate as my other car ha s been dyno’d on it dozens of times and dragy/track runs match up to what the power output is.

Old 12-09-2020 | 12:23 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Wow, I love that dyno setup. Looks like a really good way to do it.

As for my graph versus the one you posted, looks like you pulled the wrong graph. And I didn't specify that I dyno’d in sport+. Below is what APR shows. I know this dyno is accurate as my other car ha s been dyno’d on it dozens of times and dragy/track runs match up to what the power output is.
Thanks for showing the correct APR plot, I didn't even notice the different dyno plots for different driving modes. Your dyno is very close to the APR curves, but just a little lower on the peak power. APR uses blowers to force air through the intercoolers, so that would explain the discrepancy.

Appreciate the comments on our dyno setup. A few things fell into our lap including the two arrays of 6 fans to help make it happen. We did have to upgrade our incoming power to feed all the fan power. We did a test where we did three dyno pulls in a row with the extra intercooler fans on and three pulls with the intercooler fans off. We still had the other twelve fans going. By the third run, the intake air temperatures with the intercooler fans on were thirty to forty degrees cooler and the car made an extra 20whp. This was with a Cobb Stage 2 tune. One observation when going through the datalogs of the dyno pulls was the tune ran 1 to 1.5psi more boost when the intercooler fans were off. The tune was trying to hit the target torque by running more boost to make up for the higher intake air temperatures.
Old 12-09-2020 | 08:49 AM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
Thanks for showing the correct APR plot, I didn't even notice the different dyno plots for different driving modes. Your dyno is very close to the APR curves, but just a little lower on the peak power. APR uses blowers to force air through the intercoolers, so that would explain the discrepancy.

Appreciate the comments on our dyno setup. A few things fell into our lap including the two arrays of 6 fans to help make it happen. We did have to upgrade our incoming power to feed all the fan power. We did a test where we did three dyno pulls in a row with the extra intercooler fans on and three pulls with the intercooler fans off. We still had the other twelve fans going. By the third run, the intake air temperatures with the intercooler fans on were thirty to forty degrees cooler and the car made an extra 20whp. This was with a Cobb Stage 2 tune. One observation when going through the datalogs of the dyno pulls was the tune ran 1 to 1.5psi more boost when the intercooler fans were off. The tune was trying to hit the target torque by running more boost to make up for the higher intake air temperatures.
In other words, in real conditions there might be more power than what the dyno shows from APR or elsewhere. Perhaps even more so with larger IC, especially pull after pull (ie race track). I remember the 718 guys’ would go on limp mode due to high intake temps on the race track. Unfortunately they don’t make aftermarket IC for the 718.

Quick Reply: APR stg1 93 tune