Sponsored by:

New to me - 991 C2 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 12:26 AM
dd356
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pkancel
Thank you much. No dealer, I had been looking for a while before I bought the car and really wanted the 50th Anniversary wheels but no bargains on those. I like that style of wheel and fortunately found these on ebay from a guy I had purchased from before in Huntington Beach that has a lot of European takeoffs. Unfortunately they were 100% blacked out so I took to my wheel guy and had the paint removed down to the machine finish where you see the silver. Which is how the wheels originally came from Porsche.

Anyone know if that SmartTop module is plug/play so I can do it or does it need to be programmed?
Are those Porsche Carrera Sport wheels or are those an after market wheel? I wasn't sure what year your car was, but they look really nice. The reason i asked is i thought the Sports only fit on the 991.2 while the 50th only fit on the 991.1 wide bodies.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:22 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,351 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by pkancel
Doc, ordered the SmartTop module yesterday. Thank you for the recommendation. I read up and watched and youtube on it. easy to install and some great features.
Yes, there are easy installs, no need to hire someone to do it. Worst part of the install is bending your body around a bit which is easy if you are skinny and flexible. It goes back in the boot area, so some mild contortions needed to access the space. I've installed two of them, its 15 minutes.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:18 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dd356
Are those Porsche Carrera Sport wheels or are those an after market wheel? I wasn't sure what year your car was, but they look really nice. The reason i asked is i thought the Sports only fit on the 991.2 while the 50th only fit on the 991.1 wide bodies.
My car is a 2013 I had searched high and low and the 50th wheels were really the ones I wanted but couldnt find a used set and wasnt in the mood to pay full retail. Then I ran into these Carrera Sport's, used takoffs definitely OEM 991362772 forged with the exact offset for a 991 at 51mm et front and 70mm et rear. In fact he now has another set but priced much higher, his name is Jan (pronounced Yan) he might be getting them from EU. Not sure because now as I look up the part number, I dont see anything in the US but a lot in Europe. Everything in the US only has the wide body.

Not that it matters but I added spacers also before I put on these wheels and kept them on since these wheels had the same offset and I wanted them moved out wider and not so tucked in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-PORSCHE-...-/303582742989

Quick Reply: New to me - 991 C2 Cab