Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a 911 GTS (991.2) - First Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020 | 12:22 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
Funny the first thing I did was remove the "GTS" side logos. To me stickers like that just cheapen the car.

Before

After
Starting to agree. Ill let it be for a bit. Plus I'm worried about not aligning the stickers perfectly. Anyone who knows cars will recognize the center locks and PCCBs (and maybe the wide body) and know its special. Anyone who doesn't, the GTS stickers would be lost anyways.

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Congrats! Excellent choice, and well-reasoned history and perspective.

Just one thing: silver is not "boring". Silver is timeless and classic. The first Porsche was silver, and I will bet the last one will be silver. Now, I do enjoy colors for 911s, and like many generations of new palettes for each decade. But they do look dated after years go by. Meanwhile, silver endures!
I agree. In sunlight, GT is a very dynamic color. But I was looking for Carmine, which is VERRRRRY different. And considered a nice PTS Voodoo Blue as well. Too much color for me.

Originally Posted by Imola02
I couldn’t have read this at a worse time. I have been looking at a chalk GTS4 and considering as a daily driver. Work from home so only need to use in a bind in winter. Highly optioned but no RAS, 18 ways. Having never owned a 911 worried it’s a mistake. Reading posts like this make me want to pull the trigger now!
Do it. No time like the present. Its the most amazing car I've been in. Superlative.

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
For some reason I agree with Mr, Krantz.
Lets not forget, it is a forgiving color, and keeps looking nice weeks after a wash under most circumstances.

Excellent choice and congrats. Wonderful car- enjoy it to the max.
It (plus the full body XPEL) has been a cinch to take care of.

Originally Posted by What911
Congrats OP! I know the previous owner, and would've taken it off his hands had I not gotten into an R8 recently. The best spec .2 GTS that I have ever seen. Recognized the GT4?
I do recognize that car. He kept saying his buddy would've bought it but he had a new R8...So I owe you a beer!

Originally Posted by TRM
Ha! you're the guy on Reddit that I posted to having my GTS's fraternal twin sister! Spec is almost same as mine except for interior bits, sport design mirrors and 4-wheel drive

. Are you in PA? I'm in New Hope, PA.
No, the car was outside of Philly. I got a Pennsylvania temp tag, but im in KY. I was curious about the redditor. Figured they'd be on here!. Nice car

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
The only mistake you will have realized you made is not buying one earlier. You won't miss the money once you drive it. Oh and by the way, the 4GTS is a monster. Go get it before its gone.
If 2020 shows you anything - carpe diem. And the nice thing about USED porsches is they hold value. Unlike a regular car which depreciates to 10% of its purchase price, a 100k 991 should be worth 60-70k in 5 years. there are much worse investments.

Originally Posted by cclcal
very nice find. Now I want to upgrade my S to GTS....this site is terrible for the wallet.
I drove a S and honestly it was amazing. I just wanted the wide body and rear axle steering. I was close to giving up and 'settling' on a S. I just wanted the big dog and found it. No wrong answers

Originally Posted by CaptainOblivious
Exquisite specimen, enjoy the crap out of it. Just to chime in on the model name delete, fwiw, I am firmly in the incognito camp. the less I disclose the better. I ordered my GTS4 and also deleted the door lettering and the alphabet soup on the back, went with a nice "PORSCHE 911" in extra-subtle body color. Love your black PORSCHE letters across the silver paint, and the clean doors. I wouldn't change a thing. Keep the mystery alive.

Is that voodoo blue? I considered one. Love the body color lettering. My car has much more presence in person, sometimes the little details can get lost on a screen. The CF sport mirrors help.
The following users liked this post:
PJ Cayenne (10-06-2020)
Old 10-07-2020 | 01:28 AM
991.2.GTS.SF
Track Day

Welcome to the .2 GTS club! I bought mine ~5 months ago and since then, its best 2k miles I have ever driven. I too am thinking about adding the back badges to mine, let me know where you source them (research has shown me dealer is the best bet - outside of cost)
Old 10-07-2020 | 12:45 PM
97supratt
Burning Brakes

Amazing GTS! Congrats and enjoy in good health.
Old 10-07-2020 | 09:19 PM
BDZ
Intermediate

Beautiful GTS! Just picked up my 991.2 C2S a couple of weeks ago and love it. Will be posting it soon.
Old 08-15-2023 | 06:34 AM
menace33
Intermediate

Wow, what a choice! Great spec. If you are from Croatia - Pozdrav iz Srbije, komšija!

Quick Reply: Bought a 911 GTS (991.2) - First Porsche!