991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally joined the club! New to me 991.1 C4

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020 | 05:47 PM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Was your car retrofitted with LED headlights? Not seeing it on the build.
The following users liked this post:
buckeyeparker (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020 | 08:39 PM
buckeyeparker
Cruisin'

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Originally Posted by airbusdriver
Congratulations!! I too just traded my Corvette for a Carrera 4 except mine is a PDK. Enjoy it in good health!
Congrats to you, as well! What do you think so far? I’m happy with my decision, and will certainly be putting more miles on this than I did the Vette. I loved my Grand Sport, but I love this one a little bit more

Originally Posted by Guaji
Congratulations. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I like the rear wiper. Don’t see many with that.
Thank you! Options when buying used are a funny thing. I haven’t thought much about the rear wiper, and if I would’ve checked that box on a new car. I’ll be running it through all 4 Cleveland seasons, and have a feeling I’ll be happy to have it.

Originally Posted by Catharpin
It could be handy for an all weather daily driver. For garage queens or nice weather weekenders who would never think about taking it out otherwise, I totally agree.
I agree, and probably wouldn’t choose to have it for a weekender/fair weather car. I just got back from driving in the rain. Having it auto wipe when going in reverse was actually helpful. I imagine on snowy days I’ll be happy with the wiper vs. using a brush or waiting for the snow to come off naturally.

Was your car retrofitted with LED headlights? Not seeing it on the build.
The PDLS option was included as part of the Black Edition, along with auto dimming side-view mirrors, and rain-sensing wipers.

Last edited by buckeyeparker; 10-01-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-01-2020 | 08:46 PM
968gene
Rennlist Member

beautiful. black cars are the best!
Old 10-01-2020 | 09:52 PM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by buckeyeparker

The PDLS option was included as part of the Black Edition, along with auto dimming side-view mirrors, and rain-sensing wipers.
Yes, my car has XEX Bi-Xenon headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS), but you appear to have LED headlights also. Not part of PDLS as far as I know, but probably includes PDLS. Maybe this changed for 2016??

Last edited by Catharpin; 10-01-2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2020 | 10:32 PM
buckeyeparker
Cruisin'

Yes, my car has XEX Bi-Xenon headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS), but you appear to have LED headlights also. Not part of PDLS as far as I know, but probably includes PDLS. Maybe this changed for 2016??
I see. I don’t know, then. Thank you for teaching me the difference. My guess is the Black Edition also included the LED lights.
Old 10-02-2020 | 10:32 AM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Ahh yes it seems they did include LED. That was what was confusing.
From C&D "911 Carrera Black Edition adds dynamic LED headlamps, 20-inch Turbo wheels, and navigation. Front passengers sit on heated sport seats, and should they tire of the sound of the engine, they can activate a Bose surround-sound system. Park assist, a telephone module, auto-dimming mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, cruise control, and a Sport Design steering wheel also come standard."

Quick Reply: Finally joined the club! New to me 991.1 C4