Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice to join you all....finally!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 10:29 AM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 268 Posts

We're only here to encourage you to follow your dreams.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (09-26-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 12:04 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,041 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Levy
i can tell this place is gonna be trouble. just ordered the clear led side markers. it was something i was considering/knew would get done eventually but you guys were relentless in your recommendations!! LOL....
Dude, you don't know the half of it. It's like a slow motion train wreck and you're not getting off because you already bought the tickets and you figure...what the hell, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Originally Posted by Wolpertinger
We're only here to encourage you to follow your dreams.
What he said, and if you feel bad about yourself afterwards, that's like...a bonus.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:56 PM
maschinetheist
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats! Tough finding nice 911s like yours in the Chicagoland right now. Great way to close off the summer though!
Old 09-18-2020, 10:26 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Sweet car, congratulations and welcome aboard!
Old 09-18-2020, 10:31 PM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 268 Posts

Lev - I just put Soul Performance Carrera Long Tube Street headers on my car. If you think it sounds good now, wait until you hear it with the PSE valves open and the Soul headers.....!!!!!!! Muuuuahh hah hah hah ha..........
Old 09-18-2020, 10:40 PM
Levy
Racer

Received 284 Likes on 163 Posts

following my dreams and a train wreck?...sounds about right. i'm in Ha!

it is incredible how crazy the used car market is right now. especially luxury/high line vehicles. i've been in/out of the car business for a very long time and haven't seen anything like this EVER (past 25 years ). lucked out/stumbled into mine from out of state in late july. would probably still be looking if this one hadn't popped up.

BTW....just got/popped the clear led front side markers in today. wasn't 100% sure i'd like um but i do. thanks to all who suggested moving it along/getting it done asap also thanks to all for the welcome and friendly comments. can tell i'm gonna enjoy not just lurking around here anymore.

maschinetheist (09-24-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 10:57 PM
jimwood
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Awesome! You’ll likely never regret your purchase. And if you do, start moding.

Welcome aboard long time lurker. 👀

😂😂😂
Old 09-22-2020, 12:09 AM
white991c2s
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello to all. wanted to introduce myself as a 10+ year lurker and new member/991.1 owner. have been leaching info/knowledge from you folks for many years and am excited to finally join in on the fun . 25 years of saying "i'm gonna get one someday" finally ended with my recent pickup of a crazy clean 2013 C2S. if it hadn't been as nice as it was, i probably would have found another excuse to walk away again (like i've done countless times). found the right one and pulled the trigger. using it as my spring/summer/fall daily commuter with lots of traffic so the PDK made the most sense. it's still an absolute joy to drive. dreading losing it in the approaching winter but will have it ready to roll for the few nice winter days we do get (Chicago-land so not too many).. until then, i'm gonna drive it like i stole it and enjoy every minute. thank you all again for the incredible resource you've been. look forward to being a part of the community.

Cheers
Lev

2013 991.1 C2S

I just did the same thing. Bought a white 991 C2S with less than 20K on the clock. Just like you I could not be happier. Bought clear LED side markers, red dummy key, H&R springs and a Fabspeed Supersport exhaust.
Fabspeed Motorsport (09-22-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 01:01 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 104 Posts

Congrats, enjoy in good health. Looks sleek. If you think you will be doing light mods, you are kidding yourself. Not many people can resist. The LEDs are just a gateway mod, hang on to your butts.
I loved mine so much when i got it, thought to myself what more can i want? A year and a half later and after IPD, x-pipe, fister, COBB, numeric, leather doors, wheel spacers and clear markers i'm still not done

Drive safe, drive fast. Well maybe not so fast in Chicago , maybe far burbs.

What is that side pocket thing you got on the passenger seat?

Last edited by malahhaor; 09-23-2020 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:06 AM
Levy
Racer

Received 284 Likes on 163 Posts

have a feeling all you guys are right. i can't be the first newb to show up here claiming "light mods only".....then lose my mind and start tearing into things. lets just say i'm resisting for now.

the "everything holder" thing jammed in to seat is great. have used these for years in my other cars. dirt cheap too. small cup/phone/sunglasses holder and my radar detector when parked/away from the car. not too ugly either

amazon
Amazon Amazon
Old 09-26-2020, 12:56 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 104 Posts

the "everything holder" thing jammed in to seat is great. have used these for years in my other cars. dirt cheap too. small cup/phone/sunglasses holder and my radar detector when parked/away from the car. not too ugly either

amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you

Quick Reply: Nice to join you all....finally!