Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MCO

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020 | 07:50 PM
pegdrag
Racer

Default MCO

How hard is it for a dealer to provide me with a original Manufacturers Certificate of Origin?

I didn't realize I needed one for registration of the new 991.2 in Oregon and I didn't know to ask the california dealer for an original MCO when I got the car.

They didn't provide one, I've asked for one, but the fellow I spoke with kept saying I didn't need one. The Oregon DMV is quite certain they need one and
won't register the car without it.

Can I bypass the dealership and talk to PNA?

Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2020 | 07:54 PM
Rennlist Member

Have you tried reaching out to PNA first? A simple call might get you your answer right away.
Old 08-31-2020 | 08:01 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Depending on the Manufacturer the Dealer would have received one with the car or needs to request one from the Manufacturer. You need to speak to the Title Clerk at the Dealers office. If they didn't receive it with the car, they need to order it, it will take a few weeks and the Manufacturer doesn't make it easy for the dealer to obtain. Don't bother speaking to the Saleperson, you need to get to the office.
Old 08-31-2020 | 08:05 PM
pegdrag
Racer

I haven't, but I'll reach out to them tomorrow. I suspect they can't help....but not sure.
Old 08-31-2020 | 08:06 PM
pegdrag
Racer

I've got a call out to the general manager at the dealership, but can try to talk with the office.
Old 09-01-2020 | 11:41 AM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

We had a hell of a time getting ours for the Targa. We purchased the vehicle from CA & they sent the car without the MCO or any temp tag. I had to call them a couple of times & they registered the car in CA & send me a temp tag. The CA title was enough to register the car here in FL, but I think they registered it there in error. Call the department that does the registration at your dealership & see if they can get that for you.

Quick Reply: MCO