Sponsored by:

Done for now.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 12:49 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,106 Likes on 665 Posts
Default Done for now.

Just picked up the car from Porsche North Olmsted after having them install Soul non-PSE street package and Numeric shifter and cables. Only thing left I can think of is maybe a tune when the warranty is up (though truthfully, this car is plenty fast enough for my driving habits) and maybe a dash cam.

The techs at PNO did a fine job and, even though it was not inexpensive, I knew going in it was going to be a good deal of labor. The car was there 3 days in all, partly because of my call schedule. Considering the parts would have never left the boxes if it were up to me, I feel the pricing was fair and they have always been good people to deal with in my experiences.

John was always responsive at Soul with the delays in production. The exhaust sounds great and is really quite tame in Sport + while cruising on the highway, which will keep my wife from getting too annoyed with me on longer trips. Cold start up is a hoot, however. I had the service manager start it up (after sitting out overnight) while I stood behind the car. It is quite loud then but we have no neighbors nearby so no big deal for me. It's probably my imagination, but my butt dyno felt like it pulled a little stronger with this set up and the sport cats.

The shifter makes it feel like a different car (although I am still somewhat disappointed Numeric didn't respond to my PM). I have no idea how much would be shifter alone or shifter plus cables, but the change in feel is nothing short of shocking. It is better than OEM in every way I can imagine. The throws feel like millimeters. I ordered it with the "soft" spring and it feels just fine to me.

So, I think that's all the work for now. I'm at (from new) paint correction, full PPF, ceramic; window tint; top and interior treatment; OEM wheels (winter Sottozeros) and OEM exhaust tips powder coated satin black; Rennline front mesh grills; clear LED side markers; ALP radar/laser; Finnspeed Spyders Satin Black (summer tires); Rennline center console phone holder.

I probably forgot something. I think I'll keep this one. It's grown on me.
The following users liked this post:
CPL55 (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 01:39 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

It kinda sucks to be done actually as I really enjoyed doing all the things to my car since I got it in Nov. 2018. Every time I drive it I think about what else I could do but I do not want to do something just to say I have it so I will just enjoy it!
Old 08-30-2020, 11:30 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,106 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
It kinda sucks to be done actually as I really enjoyed doing all the things to my car since I got it in Nov. 2018. Every time I drive it I think about what else I could do but I do not want to do something just to say I have it so I will just enjoy it!
I've been a serial trader for the last several years so it will soon be the longest I have kept a sports car I ordered. This one feels "just right" though.

And I did forget something huge - SmartTOP. Added by the dealer as part of pre delivery prep. Wouldn't want any car with a retractable roof without that thing! It's how they should be delivered (thanks for the "protection", oh nanny state).
Old 08-30-2020, 12:06 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I've been a serial trader for the last several years so it will soon be the longest I have kept a sports car I ordered. This one feels "just right" though.

And I did forget something huge - SmartTOP. Added by the dealer as part of pre delivery prep. Wouldn't want any car with a retractable roof without that thing! It's how they should be delivered (thanks for the "protection", oh nanny state).
I bought a SmartTop even before I had the Targa...best mod by far! And I am the same - I have no thoughts of getting rid of mine at all!
Old 08-30-2020, 12:31 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 630 Posts

There is always more you can do!

DSC controller was game changing on mine. Wish I’d have done it sooner.

musicar tweeters are on the list for me.
center radiator. Been talking about this for years... function and frankly the aesthetics.
FF1 transmission mount is amazing if you like how it shifts now... definitely recommend this.

There is always more!
Old 08-30-2020, 01:18 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
There is always more you can do!
There is always more!

Quick Reply: Done for now.