Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Service Techs/Advisors in Chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020 | 01:55 AM
panda911
Intermediate

Default Best Service Techs/Advisors in Chicagoland

Who would you recommend or introduce to a friend, family member, or forum member if they were looking for a good SA/ST in one of the dealerships in Chicago? Going to have to service soon and want to deal with someone who is competent and interested in solving problems. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2020 | 08:10 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by panda911
in one of the dealerships in Chicago? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
I'd like to help you. As you know, we have many dealerships to choose from in our area; Highland Park, Skokie, Westmont, Barrington, Orland Park, just to name a few. If you are willing to go further out, or live outside of Chicago (you are asking about a large search area), you can start to include places like Rockford, Springfield, and even Milwaukee and Madison.

I ordered my car in late 2013 from Porsche Orland Park (Rizza). I've stayed very loyal (even gave them a deposit for a future 992 GT3 allocation back in early February) to them for all my routine maintenance the past 7 driving seasons and 75,000 miles. They have treated me very well, and I gladly travel the +80 miles roundtrip to get the work done.

If you have more specific questions, or narrow down your search criteria, ask here, or feel free to send me a PM.
Old 08-13-2020 | 02:06 PM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

Loeber is my go to when I'm in the area.
Orland Park is also very good.

Independent, Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville is my go to for all things non-dealer related.
Old 08-13-2020 | 02:07 PM
panda911
Intermediate

Looking for a person specifically within the service department in the dealers. Any specific person recommendation? Thanks
Old 08-13-2020 | 05:47 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Call Loeber in Lincolnwood and ask for Sergio Garcia. Fred is great too so don't hang-up if you get Fred. Tell Peter Hefner referred you to them.

P-Tech is one of their lead techs, has a youtube channel with some good videos, and is one of the best techs I've come across. https://www.youtube.com/c/PorscheTech/videos

For sales I use Tony Taylor.
The following users liked this post:
panda911 (08-13-2020)
Old 08-13-2020 | 06:32 PM
panda911
Intermediate

Dude this is exactly what I wanted to see ... direct recommendation to a person. What's P-Tech's name? That's a great channel! Thanks again Peter!
Old 08-13-2020 | 08:00 PM
kuma1416
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
I'd like to help you. As you know, we have many dealerships to choose from in our area; Highland Park, Skokie, Westmont, Barrington, Orland Park, just to name a few. If you are willing to go further out, or live outside of Chicago (you are asking about a large search area), you can start to include places like Rockford, Springfield, and even Milwaukee and Madison.

I ordered my car in late 2013 from Porsche Orland Park (Rizza). I've stayed very loyal (even gave them a deposit for a future 992 GT3 allocation back in early February) to them for all my routine maintenance the past 7 driving seasons and 75,000 miles. They have treated me very well, and I gladly travel the +80 miles roundtrip to get the work done.

If you have more specific questions, or narrow down your search criteria, ask here, or feel free to send me a PM.
Lex: Off topic to the current post, but are those obnoxious "Joe Rizza" tags they put on all their cars easily removable? I have to admit I purposely did not look there when buying my car because I think dealer stickers seem out of place on a 100K car.
Old 08-13-2020 | 09:23 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by kuma1416
Lex: Off topic to the current post, but are those obnoxious "Joe Rizza" tags they put on all their cars easily removable? I have to admit I purposely did not look there when buying my car because I think dealer stickers seem out of place on a 100K car.
I don't know. I tell my salesperson when I order a car, no bueno agmigo to any badges, stickers, or front license plate holes.

I just got a new company car VW Atlas Cross Sport SEL R-Line two weeks ago. No badges from Muller up in Highland Park. Didn't even have to ask.
The following users liked this post:
kuma1416 (08-13-2020)

Quick Reply: Best Service Techs/Advisors in Chicagoland