Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 11:28 AM
2fast2c
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default help! Newbie trying to decide between 4s coipe vs s cab 991

hello guys

I'm about to pull the trigger. But I have two options

12 s cab black /black 7 sp manual with 44k but out of state. Getting PPI done today.

13 4s coupe dark blue/agate gray 7 sp manual with 77k with good service records. Test drove and it feels good.

Price variant is not that much maximum 3k. 2012 cab is little more.

I really like both Carswell, they are completely different cars.

Which will hold value better 4s or s cab?

Thanks for your input in advance.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:46 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,258 Likes on 790 Posts

Cab vs. coupe is more of a philosophical discussion than a resale value discussion, in my opinion. They are quite different. Which one do you like better? Do you prefer the open top driving experience, or the smooth lines of the coupe? My advice is to buy the one that you love. Both cars have taken the big depreciation hit since they were new, so the difference in resale will be relatively small.
The following users liked this post:
the_buch (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 01:26 PM
2fast2c
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Dennis
Old 08-04-2020, 01:40 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 713 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Cab vs. coupe is more of a philosophical discussion than a resale value discussion, in my opinion. They are quite different. Which one do you like better? Do you prefer the open top driving experience, or the smooth lines of the coupe? My advice is to buy the one that you love. Both cars have taken the big depreciation hit since they were new, so the difference in resale will be relatively small.
I scrubbed out my original reply, and decided just to quote @Dennis C . He said it well.

Buy what you like. The opinions of random anonymous people on the internet are worthless for a coupe vs. cab discussion. Those that want a cab, know they want a cab. Those that want a hard top, want a hard top. There's no either or that anyone else can help you with.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:36 PM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Received 544 Likes on 287 Posts

I would go for the blue one. The widebody is so good looking.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:52 PM
kiddoutlaw
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thought I was a convertible guy but after a year I ended up trading in my cabriolet for a coupe. The cab was a great Porsche but I really didn't put the top down as much as i thought i would. (plus it is always > 90 Degrees in Texas.) It's just a personal preference ask yourself what you would rather drive?
Old 08-04-2020, 03:55 PM
Jeahbladejeah
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Both cars have taken the big depreciation hit since they were new, so the difference in resale will be relatively small.
Believe this. If you were looking at newer cars, especially if they were different sub-models, you might notice a difference in resale value. But between these two, you should choose the one that makes you grin more because you won't notice the resale differential in 5 years when you go to sell it.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:57 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,147 Likes on 630 Posts

Get the cab. Half the miles too....

Cab will hold value better due to mileage if you drive them both the same. Coupes generally hold value better but who cares? You're already buying at the bottom of the 991 market to begin with. Not that there is anything at all wrong with that.

Quick Reply: help! Newbie trying to decide between 4s coipe vs s cab 991