Sponsored by:

lowering help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 06:49 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
Then why do they include H&R bump stops and have part numbers on them with H&R naming schema instead of Eibach naming schema?
Originally Posted by garfunkle
Pics? I'm open to learning something but don't think this is accurate at all. I don't believe they come with bump stops either....
Just confirmed - I was pretty damn sure but.... TechArt are made by Eibach. Eibach and TechArt use factory bump stops. H&R updates [since I've done any installs] to using a bump stop. This is because they need different bump stops because their drops are much more aggressive. Higher end shops that participate here prefer TA (TAG, Wheels Boutique, Supreme Power) and there are never complaints with TA, I have this experience with Eibach as well. H&R has many testimonies about being too harsh. I don't believe they are "too" harsh but definitely stiffer whereas TA and Eibach are much closer to the factory comfort - much to do with being progressive which H&R are not.

H&R and techArt certainly have different SKU's stamped on them as well.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:12 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
Then why do they include H&R bump stops and have part numbers on them with H&R naming schema instead of Eibach naming schema?
Meh both are reputable brands, and you and I run the best street setup so we don't care

Old 07-16-2020, 09:10 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

After 6 months or so on the KW HAS I am switching over to the B16 coilover kit. The HAS was actually not terrible but a little too bouncy for my taste and simply didn't belong on a GTS.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:43 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 600 Posts

I loved my tech art, they worked great on my car, but B16's are very much worth the upgrade if you can swing it.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:21 AM
Optimum_991
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Go with coilovers. You can always play with the height with the ability of adjustments.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:39 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,124 Likes on 669 Posts

For me I was set on the KW HAS system until I realized that you cant go much lower than the H&R springs...I ended up with H&R-I like them but I wish the front was a few mm lower (the rear sits perfect IMO with the spring perch on the lowest setting). If I could have justified the cost and used them to their full ability on the track, I would have went with B16's-my car is pretty much a street car that will see track time every blue moon so springs work for me at this moment.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:14 PM
Scurbo_T
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

I just lowered my car on the H&R's and the drop is perfect but my front end seems a little more "bouncy" when I go over bumps at speed. The car doesn't feel as planted as it did on the stock springs. Am I crazy or were they installed wrong? I've had H&R springs on a bunch of my previous cars and none ever felt like this. Also, I wonder if adding the DSC Sport Controller would make it feel better? Thoughts?
Old 07-17-2020, 11:34 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scurbo_T
I just lowered my car on the H&R's and the drop is perfect but my front end seems a little more "bouncy" when I go over bumps at speed. The car doesn't feel as planted as it did on the stock springs. Am I crazy or were they installed wrong? I've had H&R springs on a bunch of my previous cars and none ever felt like this. Also, I wonder if adding the DSC Sport Controller would make it feel better? Thoughts?
Not sure when you lowered yours but when I first lowered my GTS on KW HAS the ride seemed decent but only a few hundred miles later the ride got pretty bouncy. I then installed the DSC and it definitely helped but was still not what I was looking for so I raised the rear about a 1/4" again, it helped a bit but still didn't drive like a Porsche should so I ordered a Bilstein B16 which is getting installed Wednesday. I can't say just yet but I feel I should have gone the coilover route to begin with.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:04 PM
911CSC
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 188 Posts

Techart will have a gap

The following 2 users liked this post by 911CSC:
Ed99 (04-17-2022), tourenwagen (07-19-2020)
Old 07-18-2020, 06:54 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911CSC
Techart will have a gap

Gap shmap, car looks bad a$$!
Old 07-18-2020, 07:30 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

I’ve had different lowering springs on a variety of different cars and, in my opinion, they simply don’t work. At first, the ride seemed fine, but even after I replaced the shocks, they weren’t quite right. I have ohlins road and track coilovers and the ride is better with the stiffer springs than with just lowering springs.
The following users liked this post:
Scurbo_T (07-18-2020)
Old 07-19-2020, 08:45 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by awrryan
I’ve had different lowering springs on a variety of different cars and, in my opinion, they simply don’t work. At first, the ride seemed fine, but even after I replaced the shocks, they weren’t quite right. I have ohlins road and track coilovers and the ride is better with the stiffer springs than with just lowering springs.
I'd have those too and that's what I have on my Boxster but they don't work with PASM.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:54 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

I'd have those too and that's what I have on my Boxster but they don't work with PASM.
You are correct that they do not work with PASM, but there is a part that deletes or deactivates PASM that you can get with those coilovers.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:59 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by awrryan
You are correct that they do not work with PASM, but there is a part that deletes or deactivates PASM that you can get with those coilovers.
This is true and this is a weird thing I have.... I hate disabling things and my OCD won't let me have a button that doesn't do anything.... I am looking at other coiler options though soon that do work with PASM.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:48 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

This is true and this is a weird thing I have.... I hate disabling things and my OCD won't let me have a button that doesn't do anything.... I am looking at other coiler options though soon that do work with PASM.
I’ve driven 911s with and without PASM. Disabling PASM for the Ohlins is NOT a regret you would have at all, but I totally understand your concern. When I installed my Ohlins, I thought the car rode better than new. I know the Ohlins’ spring rates are significantly higher, but the shocks ability to handle those spring rates is what makes the ride fantastic, in my opinion. Stiffer? Yes. Definitely, but without the harshness associated with just lowering springs and better damped. In fact, my track buddy thought the car was just a tad soft at Sebring and thought I would benefit from slightly stiffer springs which can be swapped, but I still like driving the car on weekends and the Ohlins are amazing on the rode with the shock stiffnes dialed-down to the softer settings.

Quick Reply: lowering help