Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fault Code Assist

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020 | 08:51 PM
Colvin84
Instructor

Default Fault Code Assist

All, thanks ahead of time. I’ve bought a Durametric but I lack the mechanical expertise to diagnose on my own. I have no CEL and car runs fine; however, I pulled several codes.

The codes I’m inquiring about are:

P1672 “upper limit value exceeded”

AND

P1466 “value below lower limit value”

Can anyone explain in layman’s terms what my radiator fan and compartment purge fan are doing wrong? Is this a fuse or relay issue?

I’m also showing some instrument cluster errors that I cannot locate any information on:

Any idea? The durametric will not reset my oil service light and I’m assuming it’s due to one of these errors.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and offer any suggestions!
Old 07-16-2020 | 09:26 AM
Colvin84
Instructor

Im not sure if this is significant, but I noticed my “coding date” is after the car was initially sold - I know PSE was added later - would the “coding date” change when PSE was added or is this indication of some tuning? Any input appreciated.
Old 07-16-2020 | 10:32 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Could have had car dme updated by dealer. It’s not uncommon.

if you don’t have a cel or any dash warnings and car is ok, clear the codes and monitor.

don’t go chasing ghosts....could have been a low battery event, etc

i see this all the time on the 3 Of the PorscheS i have that the durametric can read.
Old 07-16-2020 | 03:36 PM
Colvin84
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Could have had car dme updated by dealer. It’s not uncommon.

if you don’t have a cel or any dash warnings and car is ok, clear the codes and monitor.

don’t go chasing ghosts....could have been a low battery event, etc

i see this all the time on the 3 Of the PorscheS i have that the durametric can read.
You’re probably right on chasing the engine faults but I’m concerned that I can’t reset my oil light. I can’t find any information whatsoever on what the Instrument cluster faults could be or if that is what’s prohibiting me from resetting the light. Any resource on those values? Any idea if they are Porsche, obd, or durametric codes?

Checked my battery Manufacture date and it’s the 24th week of 2012 - faults may just be low voltage issue, but still not sure why can’t reset oil light.

Last edited by Colvin84; 07-16-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-16-2020 | 06:33 PM
Colvin84
Instructor

Amateur tip - if you use an old laptop that hasn’t been turned on in years, check the date and time. The durametric must use the computer date to reset for 12 months. Once I corrected the date I was able to reset the oil light.
Old 07-18-2020 | 12:44 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Colvin84
Amateur tip - if you use an old laptop that hasn’t been turned on in years, check the date and time. The durametric must use the computer date to reset for 12 months. Once I corrected the date I was able to reset the oil light.
ah ok glad you found it
The following users liked this post:
Colvin84 (07-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Fault Code Assist