Sponsored by:

991.2 C2S, no driving mode after service

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 01:01 AM
Eric Busto
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 991.2 C2S, no driving mode after service

I recently pushed a CPO 2017 Carrera S, which turned out to have a leaky water pump. While it was at the dealership being replaced, they also cleaned the HVAC buttons (which I know involves removing the PCM), as the previous owner had spilled a beverage on them, rendering many of them inoperable.

I picked up the vehicle yesterday, and halfway home I decided to change the drive mode from default to sport, but nothing happened! Similarly the sport exhaust button on the console no longer engages the sport exhaust. Both the drive mode selector **** and the button have power, as the lights illuminate.

I'm mostly puzzled as to how this could have happened. Anyone have insight? Hopefully the fix is straight forward, as the dealership is well over an hour away, and closed on the weekends, so I need to plan around work.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:50 PM
Mojo.K
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Do any of the buttons light up? If not, likely the wire connector isn’t clipped in.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:40 PM
Eric Busto
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, the lights work, and when I toggle the sport exhaust button on the console, the light changes as I press the button.

Quick Reply: 991.2 C2S, no driving mode after service