Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Outdoor Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020 | 06:32 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by Gonzalo38
My 991.2 Cabrio is my daily driver and I don't cover it everyday. I do travel a lot and when I know I'm going to be away from home for more than two (2) days, I throw the cover....

How much time it takes ? I have never measured how long it takes to install it or take it out, but it is so fast that I do it almost every time. I do it specially because I want to protect the top (even that I treat it every 6 months).

Regarding the ceramic coating and your car being 7 years old, I would recommend going with a professional detailer. I bet he would need to do some paint correction before applying any ceramic coating. They will need tho thoroughly wash the car, clay it and polish.

When I asked a professional detailer to do my car, we used https://gtechniq.com/products/auto/ products. Specifically I went with the Cristal Serum Ultra which is supposed to last several years. I also applied an EXO coat on top which is hydrophobic. Similar treatment was done to the rims and windows of the car.

I do the normal maintenance and I use their Liquid Crystal product to keep it shining. It is worth it to spend some money on a professional treatment and then you can continue doing normal maintenance.
Understood. I also have similar concerns regarding the roof. Considering the fact that the roof was replaced (under warranty) recently, and I don't want it to follow the same fate.

Will do several calls to detailers.
Old 06-29-2020 | 06:37 PM
Gonzalo38
Instructor

Rubenhak:

I do the maintenance of the top and I do it every six (6) months more or less. I don't have the amount of products that you guys have in the US so I typically use the original Porsche Top Spry protectant, They guys at my local dealer give me a really good price so I will typically use between two (2) or three (3) cans every time I do the top treatment. With that, it has stayed like brand new.
Old 06-29-2020 | 06:42 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Rubenhak:

I do the maintenance of the top and I do it every six (6) months more or less. I don't have the amount of products that you guys have in the US so I typically use the original Porsche Top Spry protectant, They guys at my local dealer give me a really good price so I will typically use between two (2) or three (3) cans every time I do the top treatment. With that, it has stayed like brand new.
For the roof I had been using this:
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-29-2020 | 06:45 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

raggtop or 303 are both excellent choices
Old 06-29-2020 | 06:45 PM
Gonzalo38
Instructor

Great product from what I have read.... unfortunately, I can't get it in my country so I go with the original Porsche product which has worked OK for me....
Old 06-29-2020 | 07:13 PM
LexVan
Banned

Great product from what I have read.... unfortunately, I can't get it in my country so I go with the original Porsche product which has worked OK for me....
The Porsche branded product and RaggTopp are both made by Wolfsteins. Wolfsteins is the OE cabriolet coating supplier to Porsche.
The following users liked this post:
rubenhak (06-29-2020)

Quick Reply: 991 Outdoor Covers